Re: Retail Mannequin ignores Preference

by daikoyu

Original Post

Retail Mannequin ignores Preference

★★★ Newbie

So during game play I have a trans sim who has feminine body but prefers masculine clothing. During a date to a retail store, they were not able to try on any masculine outfits on the male mannequins. If the restrictions could be removed would be a lot easier for masculine sims to get feminine clothing and vice versa. Would also be cool if we could choose the pronouns for the sims too! 

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

Champion

@ancarra I think removing the restrictions on the mannequins would be easier because a lot of languages have gendered pronouns and even verbs! Raised eyebrow  I would think that they wouldn't just do this for some languages and not others.  The problem is far more complex for speakers of those languages which rely heavily on gendered words. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

This, in german we do not have they/them. We have *es* but this is disrespectful. I read complains that the new hobbies description is with they. In german this are *sein/seinem* for male and female *sie/ihr* both are called with her in game gender.

Some here use *xier/sier* or directly her name: *Mel liebt Fitness. Mel hat jede Menge Spaß diese Tätigkeit auszuführen* <- No gender call just the name. Or you just ignore other language and make this feature English only. I personally would prefer the method with just name and without they/them/she/he if it possibly.

Of course,  you can just add an check box in CAS with; We should we call your sim? they/them/she/he but we have here again the problem with other languages. In german you have only sie/er what is with people who are genderless here? Should we just ignore this people? I do not think this is fair.

Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ancarra I understand your issue and agree that it would be a good thing if the Sims could also use the intersex variants in pronouns. But I know this will still be an uphill battle like @PugLove888 explained.

So, losing restrictions on clothing could be the first step. Losing the restrictions for the mannequins in the store must be feasible. The fact is that then there will only be one type of mannequin. I know it will not be easy for the developers to make meshes that will fit all sizes (male and female). I tried altering clothes myself at the time I played The Sims 3. Making CC was a lot easier then. But in that time, it took me hours to get a snug fit for some of my Sims and when the sims got fitter and more muscular it really looked silly. I am not a developer or cc-maker and I really appreciate the garments some of the creatives can make. I hope they will be able to pull this off.

@daikoyu in my country we have the possibility to choose m/f/x as gender on your identity card or passport. In this case x stands for neutral or do not want to disclose. The language in my country belongs to the same larger group as yours Germanic/Saxon. Over the years we lost most of the cases as well as the gender designations. A lot of people do not even know the gender of the words anymore. Unlike the Roman language. People might still use it in official language, but in spoken language they can't be bothered.

Some of us will use plural forms as pronouns. So, I really like they and them in English. And i can find some words in my mother language that will resemble that. Hopefully in the future The Sims will have a way to fit in gender neutral pronouns in all the language packages.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 4 (282 Views)