Restaurant

by Riplankk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Restaurant

★★★ Novice

Hello. So I play the sims 4 and I bought both Get to Work expansion and Dine out Pack but there is no restaurant option in my phone, only buy a retail shop option. Can someone explain it, please. Sorry for my bad English.

Message 1 of 11 (683 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Riplankk

If you use mods, please remove them and test your game again, as it could also be a broken mod interfering with your game.

Spoiler

There is no short cut to finding broken cc & mods I'm afraid, it's up to the artist of particular cc & mods to keep them compatible with the game, so you need to find the culprit affecting your game. To do that,  remove and cull them 50/50 to find it, there may be an updated version or reported as broken. Mods like More Columns for cas,  MCCC to name a few, have new updates and you'll find the correct  links there too.

The culprit will likely be found via the culling method, using a 'fixing type of new' game will help that a lot, by not 'stripping the cc off your sims'.. More tips at my post here on maintaining your game with cc and Sims 4 Update Patches including instructions on the 50/50 method

If you don't use mods or cc: (edit, as had to go ingame)

Also, check if the option to buy a restaurant appears from clicking the bottom right dropdown menu.

Purchase Menu 2020-09-05 12-49-30-008.jpg

If those don't work, I would suggest contacting online support.

- Go here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#

- Click on Sims 4, then follow by choosing PC, technical problem, etc: then select contact option

- On the next page click on + by the chat option, fill what's necessary so EA support will contact you through chat

or see more details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-p...

I hope this helps, 

Sasha.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (567 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

You have to place them from your library section first,the restaurants have the dine out icon i think its the fork and spoon,you don't have to place them,a few are small diners like hogan's diner & there's 1 restaurant called chez llama it has the new experimental food collection on its food menu,so you might wanna place that lot.

Message 2 of 11 (651 Views)

★ Guide

Edit: I meant to say "you don't have to place them all from the library just choose which 1s you want to use"

Message 3 of 11 (649 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @Riplankk Did you purchase the pack while ingame, or in offline mode? Try exiting the game, click the 'cog' next to play to 'repair game', and see if that works to ensure all packs are loaded.

Message 4 of 11 (630 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Tkilroy36 There are no restaurants in My Libary. I tried to reinstall the game but still nothing happened. Did I miss something?
Message 5 of 11 (596 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic I purchased the pack while in game. I reinstalled, updated and repaired them all but nothing happened, and I could'nt find any restaurant in my library either. Did I miss something?
Message 6 of 11 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Riplankk

If you use mods, please remove them and test your game again, as it could also be a broken mod interfering with your game.

Spoiler

There is no short cut to finding broken cc & mods I'm afraid, it's up to the artist of particular cc & mods to keep them compatible with the game, so you need to find the culprit affecting your game. To do that,  remove and cull them 50/50 to find it, there may be an updated version or reported as broken. Mods like More Columns for cas,  MCCC to name a few, have new updates and you'll find the correct  links there too.

The culprit will likely be found via the culling method, using a 'fixing type of new' game will help that a lot, by not 'stripping the cc off your sims'.. More tips at my post here on maintaining your game with cc and Sims 4 Update Patches including instructions on the 50/50 method

If you don't use mods or cc: (edit, as had to go ingame)

Also, check if the option to buy a restaurant appears from clicking the bottom right dropdown menu.

Purchase Menu 2020-09-05 12-49-30-008.jpg

If those don't work, I would suggest contacting online support.

- Go here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#

- Click on Sims 4, then follow by choosing PC, technical problem, etc: then select contact option

- On the next page click on + by the chat option, fill what's necessary so EA support will contact you through chat

or see more details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-p...

I hope this helps, 

Sasha.

Message 7 of 11 (568 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic I haven't using any mod or cc since then. I'll try to contact them. Thanks for the help, Sasha.
Message 8 of 11 (513 Views)

★★ Pro

@Riplankk  You're welcome, hope it sorts itself out for you then. Standard smile

Once it's up and running you can check out some mods maybe Wink there's quite a few at Mod The Sims, for a 5 Star Restaurant straight up, or more by LiittleMsSam to have an efficiently running Restaurant without too much worry Star

There's some great advice on the Dine Out Pack at Carls Sims 4 Guides & at the bottom of the page you'll see a full list of additional Dine Out Pack/Running a Restaurant Guides as well, which are very comprehensive.

Happy Simming

Sasha

Message 9 of 11 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Sashas0nicI solved it now. I haven't updated the latest version of Orgin. Well I thought it updated itself. So that's why some contents don't show up ingame. I am so happy that problem is solved. Gonna check some mods that you advised. Thank you so much for all the help, Sasha :D

Message 10 of 11 (482 Views)