Re: Responsibility & Toddlers/Tips on Toddlers

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Responsibility & Toddlers/Tips on Toddlers

★★★ Apprentice

Does anyone have any tips on how to gain responsibility with toddlers?? Tips on toddlers?? ThanksStandard smileHeart

Message 1 of 6 (3,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Ways to earn responsibility for toddlers:

- Discipline your toddler when they've done something irresponsible (make a mess, splash in toilet)
- Own a toybox and some toys, and have your toddler put away the toys.

But! Responsibility is the easiest to gain for children and teens, as they gain in while doing homework and school projects, as well as some other things. I've never had a A-student-sim with anything less than full responsibility. Therefore, it might be worth it to work on some other character values instead Standard smile

Also, when I play with toddlers, I always play without the high chair. The adult sims always put them there and go do something else, and so they're stuck Frown

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,943 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Ways to earn responsibility for toddlers:

- Discipline your toddler when they've done something irresponsible (make a mess, splash in toilet)
- Own a toybox and some toys, and have your toddler put away the toys.

But! Responsibility is the easiest to gain for children and teens, as they gain in while doing homework and school projects, as well as some other things. I've never had a A-student-sim with anything less than full responsibility. Therefore, it might be worth it to work on some other character values instead Standard smile

Also, when I play with toddlers, I always play without the high chair. The adult sims always put them there and go do something else, and so they're stuck Frown

Message 2 of 6 (3,944 Views)

Champion

@redashxo, that is a good question! Raised eyebrowStandard smile  I don't worry too much about toddlers gaining the characteristics that came with Parenthood, because I really start to focus on those until they are old enough to go to school, instead concentrating on toddler skills like potty, movement, thinking, talking, & creativity.  But you are right in that most of the things a school-aged child can do to become more responsible, a toddler can't do.Thinking  The only thing I know of to gain a toddler's responsibility characteristic is to have them clean up their toys. Angel You can either click on the toy and select "Put Away" or you can click on the toy box and select "Clean Up Toys".  There might be other ways of a toddler gaining responsibility, but this is the only way I know of! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (3,789 Views)

Champion

Oops, I halfway composed my reply, had to step away from my computer to tend other needs for a bit, and then finished my reply  -- and in that space of time someone else replied, and I look like an idiot repeating some of what they said as if they didn't say it! Embarrassed LOL Large smile

But their answer was more detailed than mine, so I'm happy for that! Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (3,788 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @CMeki and @PugLove888 for your helpful detailed responses! I appreciate it. Yeah, I do need to buy a toy box and I think what you do just by leaving the high chair out is smart. I am in my third generation and my sim has twins, a boy and a girl, I have each of all of their toddler skills maxed and I am trying to work on building their character values. The daughter is a tad bit green and her brother's is a tad bit red in responsibility. I want Top Notch toddlers! So, yeah I will do more with the toy box and have to use it. My sims has a toy box in the house, just haven't really used it. The tots usually play with their wabbit tablets, play with the doll house, interact with family, or blocks, or tv. My sims toddlers' really are well behaved. They both immediately made a mess and acted out when I did their first playdate with my sims best friend and neighbor. She has five kids and they are something else lolLarge smile And they gained responsibility when my sim disciplined them. I am almost wondering if I should control the tots a little bit have them act out for learning lessons? Just a thought lol And no @PugLove888 you don't look like an idiot. That's good game advice. I think that switching to your toddler when they are sleeping and making them go potty and then going back to bed or sleep on their own builds responsibility. Thank you so much for your tips ya'll. Have a nice day! Happy SimmingStandard smile

Message 5 of 6 (3,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@redashxo@CMeki, I will often buy a highchair for decorative purposes, or to fulfill a wish of one of my Sims, but I will rarely use them!  They are such a pain in the plumb bob! Teeth baredDisappointed  My Sims' toddler is very hungry so I direct a teen or older Sim to put them in the highchair and feed them, but in doing so that same Sim will then take them out of the chair!  Meanwhile another adult or teen Sim that I had doing something else important will swoop in and then place the toddler back in the high chair.  By the time the toddler actually starts to eat, they have grown very tired and sometimes won't eat.  So I have to send them to bed barely fed, and then they will wake up too soon and be hungry again, so they are still very hungry and very tired and now they are very stinky because they peed or pooped themselves because they were too busy to use the potty.  Also, now they have no time for fun as this cycle continues on and on and on!  DisappointedDevil  Thank God you can just put a group meal on the table or counter and they will serve themselves!  Angel  Now if I can just keep them from going to the farthest point from the group meal in order to eat their food! LOL Large smile

Message 6 of 6 (3,758 Views)