Resetting a saved sim from the gallery

by ikrazy87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Resetting a saved sim from the gallery

★★ Novice

Hi! Does anyone know how to fully reset a Sim or Sim family that's been saved to the gallery? For example, I have a Sim that I have saved and played for a while. However, I got bored with the direction my game was going so I decided to start a new game using the same Sim. I pulled her from the gallery, changed a few traits, and plugged her into my new game. Soon she became tense from not listening to music for a while, but she doesn't have the Music Lover trait anymore! She also started the new game at level 6 of the Scientist career and had completed the second tier of her selected aspiration. So my question is; how do I reset my Sim's skills, traits, career and aspirations without having to create a completely new Sim? I finally got her looks exactly how I want them, she's perfect, and I'd hate to lose her (or any of my other Sims for that matter). It was a pain in the butt getting her to look just right and I don't want to go through the million and a half hours of CAS again just to get her back. There's gotta be a way to reset them, right?

Message 1 of 2 (13,490 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Resetting a saved sim from the gallery

EA app Team

Hi @ikrazy87,

If she has skills, career, etc., it means you saved her after having played with her, and it's not possible to reset her. However, by default, the game saves a clean copy of the Sims in your Library when you create them in CAS for the first time, so unless you deleted items from your library or changed computers, you should be able to find her there. Standard smile These Sims haven't been played, so it would be like starting over with her, which is what you want.

Happy restart!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (13,715 Views)

All Replies

Re: Resetting a saved sim from the gallery

EA app Team

Hi @ikrazy87,

If she has skills, career, etc., it means you saved her after having played with her, and it's not possible to reset her. However, by default, the game saves a clean copy of the Sims in your Library when you create them in CAS for the first time, so unless you deleted items from your library or changed computers, you should be able to find her there. Standard smile These Sims haven't been played, so it would be like starting over with her, which is what you want.

Happy restart!

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (13,716 Views)