Re: Reset Strangerville story on specific Sim?

by CGrant56

Original Post

Reset Strangerville story on specific Sim?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, halfway through the Strangerville storyline I decided to move my Sim to a different saved game via the gallery. (I thought I had made him in the same world as my other households but didn't realize until two days later.) So he's been dropped into Strangerville without the items he collected, including the keycard, spore detector, completed hazmat suit, etc. The Strangerville neighborhood is at the default, first-stage plant growth and no spores in the air. Locked door at the lab is inaccessible. I can't search for evidence in any of the paper stacks or computers at the lab. I tried changing his career aspirations to something else and back again, but it retained his previous progress. Is there a way to reset the Strangerville aspiration on this specific Sim, or am I out of luck and need to start over and remake my Sim from scratch?

Message 1 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Hero

@Celesdriel   I suggest you add another sim into the household and let that sim complete the early stages of the storyline and accumulate a new keycard, etc.  Then switch back to your sim to finish the aspiration for that sim.  You can then either keep the new sim or split them into a new household or delete them.

Message 2 of 4 (1,361 Views)

★★ Novice
@CGrant56 That's a solid suggestion, I might do that if there isn't another option. I'm still hoping there's a cheat or a way to edit the save file, though?
Message 3 of 4 (1,346 Views)

Hero

@Celesdriel  If you play with mods, MCCC has an option to reset a sim's aspirations back to the initial state so you can start over.  But you don't get to pick and choose.  It resets all of them, not just the one you may want to reset.  It's not perfect as there is a side affect.  I haven't tried using that option so I'm not sure what will happen but there is a message on having to change zones to see the effects, etc.  But it is a way for you to reset your sim.  I would recommend though that you make a copy of your saves folder and put it in a safe place before trying it though just in case.

Message 4 of 4 (1,341 Views)