Request on communication with the player base on what is being done to bugs

by adduapina

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Request on communication with the player base on what is being done to bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I originally posted this on the Feedback section of The Sims forums here . There's some interesting conversation there also, that you might want to check out Standard smile

Thanks to Auroraskies on the forums to point me into this forum section (that I have been ignoring completely because of my own stupidness for a long time) as well.

So here goes a full c/p on the original post with some recently added notes since the original post was made on August 20th:

Dear EA and The Sims team,

I love The Sims games. I have loved them since TS1 and continue to do so.

I am grateful for every patch that fixes known issues. Thank you for working on improving the game and fixing it.

However the latest patch of August 18th made me (once again.. this has happened a few times in a row now - /edit. must add now that the open letter we got on the 4th of September was nice but the patch of 3/9/20 made me sadly disappointed again) feel really disappointed and sad. Until recently I have always enjoyed your funny patch notes. This time it did not make me happy. I felt annoyed. It wasn't funny anymore.

I opened Origin on the 18th and saw the update there, I got super exited, happy and relieved that I get to actually play and enjoy the game again.
After reading the patch notes I sadly realized that there were absolutely nothing there to fix the issues that make my game somewhat unplayable (and most certainly not enjoyable) at the moment. These include the infamous gardening issues, the NAPs overriding player commands and also the manic NAP related NPC behavior.

I am not asking for or expecting an instant hotfix for big issues like these, but I really want EA to let us know they are working on it.

Now I am stuck in a limbo of not knowing if there even is anyone at all trying to figure this out. I really hope that there is, but how would I know that? It has become a question of faith and that shouldn't be the case. This is the second largest gaming company in the world we're talking about. You should know how to handle your public relations better than this. We, the players, deserve more info on what's going on. That's, like, the least you can do.

So here's the thing:
I would really appreciate if the patch notes would include some kind of acknowledgment of the existing and ongoing issues and preferably even that they are being investigated and/or worked on. It does not need to include a promise of a date when it will get fixed or even that you will be able to fix it. I just want to know you are trying.

If you have the time to write a novella of jokes on the patch notes, could you at least tell us that we can expect something to be done to other issues too that you couldn't yet fix, please?

This isn't too much to ask, is it?

All of us don't use Twitter and other social media platforms that the Gurus seem to give info on what's being done to fix the game and for that reason it would be greatly appreciated if this info could be included on the patch notes also so it would reach everyone.

Sincerely,

adduapina <3

/edit: typo.

Message 1 of 20 (1,556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Request on communication with the player base on what is being done to bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick 

Huge thanks for listening and making Laundry List a real thing ♡

Sincere thanks from one happy simmer!

// edit. Here's a link to the Laundry List if someone missed it: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Laundry-List-March-10-2021/m-p/10147729#M176576

View in thread

Message 19 of 20 (1,376 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
@adduapina Hi, I have just posted on your original post to let you know I am posting here too! Everywhere I can and Anywhere I can. Bugs need to be fixed!
Message 2 of 20 (1,480 Views)

★★ Pro

@adduapina Todellakin! There's a myriad of bugs and as active simmers it would help to get some transparency on what is being worked on and what is not. Often it feels like that the fixes coming in are tiny ones like wrong descriptions or some minor colour swatch glitches but immersion (and game) breaking mega bugs are left untouched. This creates a lot of frustration. I do understand that it's considerably easier to fix one string in a description variable and bigger bugs require rigorous testing but the feeling of knowing that something is being done helps with the frustration a lot.

Thanks to other vocal simmers, I was patient enough to Not get Eco lifestyle as I see it would ruin my game because of how broken it is even though I'm interested in its content. It's very worrisome that packs this bug prone are even published. Disappointed Also, I'm looking at EA, not the Sims team.

Message 3 of 20 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Guide
@siirysiir Indeed. Also the general lack of EA/TS Team presence here on AHQ and on the official forums is creating more frustration :<
Message 4 of 20 (1,426 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Thank you for making this suggestion, I have clicked Me Too.

It was a very nice promise made in the original thread on the sims forum. 

Message 5 of 20 (1,398 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@adduapina Bump
Message 6 of 20 (1,334 Views)

Champion
@adduapina I hope you read this post too https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/A-Letter-From-The-Sims-Team-September-4th-2020...?
May be it addresses some of the issues you mention
Have fun playing

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 7 of 20 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Trismagistos I did yes.

And also SimGuruMrE answered my post at the other forums and said they'd look into it if it was possible to add a section into patch notes for ongoing issues. Standard smile
Message 8 of 20 (1,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi @adduapina and all the posters on this thread:

It has been another two months since the last post was written here and still the gardening bug has not been sorted, and I don't know if anything is being done or it has been conveniently and silently swept under the carpet.

If any one knows of a thread  and/or post by The Team, with any info or progress (or explaining as to why the lack of progress!) please let us know or re direct us there, I am just about to give up on this game altogether, the gardening bug first appeared at the beginning of June (five months ago) and it's still here.

So to me it appears that they hear us but they don't listen and they are very good at ignoring us.

Sorry Team but that is how it feels.

This thread is a request on communication with the player as to what is being done about sorting the bugs.

I have seen absolutely no answer to that, tomorrow another pack will be launched and with it a number of bugs (that's a certainty).

I will not be updating, I don't want anymore critters thank you, and I shall not be buying any more packs either, not worth it, they cause more pain than pleasure and the World is already suffering enough pain as it is.

I will keep an eye on this thread in case anyone knows more about this as I can not find any progress whatsoever.

Message 9 of 20 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Xutchil Hi there. I just got a chance to look through the most recent patch notes and there's a mention like this "Did you ever experience the Honey I Shrunk the Basil and Sage Plants issue in-game? No longer! *No Sage or Basil Plants were harmed in the fixing of this issue*", which suggests that there has been an attempt to fix at least some of the gardening issues.

However at least my older save is unaffected by this fix and my basil plant is still turning back to a seed every once in a while... (insert eye roll).

Sorry that's all info I have on the subject.
Message 10 of 20 (1,111 Views)