Re: Request on communication with the player base on what is being done to bugs

by Trismagistos

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

Edited

@adduapinaUnlike in your situation my Basil and Sage plants do tremendously well. Since the update they remained their original form as they had before the bug and stayed a 'normal' size even after my Sim harvested both plants and some of the grafted plants with a rootsystem made of either Basil and/or Sage.

@XutchilI did not see any official Patchupdate notes yet but I did see a message of SimGuruGraham and SimGuruRusskii on an other platform:
https://extratime.media/2020/11/10/sims-4-november-2020-update-full-patch-notes/

After som searching I also found the official Patchupdate notes here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-nov-10-2020?isLocalized=true

I hope this will give you some of the answers you were looking for.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 11 of 20 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TrismagistosYea, I now see that I am only having this issue with the EL vertical garden. Might need to do a bug report on that later on.

//edit. typo.

Message 12 of 20 (770 Views)

Champion
@adduapina I let my Sims turn them all into 'artificial meat-walls'. I need to check these out too. 🤔😎

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 13 of 20 (765 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@adduapina, Thank you so much for the update.

I have not been playing sims 4 for a few days, but I am going to load my game and check my garden! Last time I played the problem was still there (probably a week or so ago). I changed households (I rotate between 3 households in this save) and in one of the households my sim can not plant more than one seed at the time, if that, I have to visit other place with him and come back home and try to plant again. It's taking forever to plant in that lot.

I will do a bit of checking and report back.

Two other things I have noticed, one I read about it somewhere else, The emotion tree from Selvadorada will mostly produce only the emotion fruit planted, say flirty will produce flirty fruits, on occasion it will produce different fruits but these will always be of "normal" quality even if the tree is excellent or magnificent or whatever.

The trash plant does not produce the 10 fruits the same as the plant, say if you have a "nice" Trash Plant it will have 8 or 9 nice trash fruits but one or two will be normal. Not a problem but an irritation. I just thought I'll mention it.

Thank you so much for all your help, it is nice to know that some other players are still concerned about this issue, it makes me feel less alone....

Take care, be safe and have a lovely weekend.

Message 14 of 20 (733 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@TrismagistosThank you so much, I will check those links for info and then do a check up in game and will report of any changes, This update will be the one for the latest pack released today?

I am dreading updating as it always brings missery to my game!

Message 15 of 20 (726 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello Every 1. it's me again reporting:

I can now report that Sage and Basil do not turn to pre planted stage so all is well there. (Jumping for joy!!!!}

Nor do any other plants and trees, seems like the garden has had a good fixing. In addition my sim has gone to her friend's household and managed to plant and fertilize his plants without any problems, so all well there too (Jumping some more!)

She has managed the "plant three items" of her aspiration and gained some points (Heavy jumping ... floor is going to collapse!}.

Now I will go to my other two households and try them, but I am confident that this is now resolved. HOORAY!

If all is well I will keep my part of the bargain and buy a bundle, so a thank you,a big one, to the team for doing the right thing and listening to us, (not just hearing us).

Love to all

Message 16 of 20 (696 Views)

Betreff: Request on communication with the player base on what is being done to

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I think its sad that i have put a couple of hundred into this game and just now have a game that doesnt work. 

Thats the issue i have. My sims go to sleep, timewarp starts and thats that. Savegames now blow up to 70 MB per file and the game in not playable anymore. UI is unresponsive. The whole thing. 

So i made a post. A admin moved it into another thread and now i dont know if anyone has seen my post. I linked the savegames, put them up on googledrive like in the description but i dont know if anyone has seen it, works with or on it. Nothing. 

A real bugtracker would be great. Or just a response from the devs to the bugs. 

Message 17 of 20 (683 Views)

Betreff: Request on communication with the player base on what is being done to

★★ Apprentice

@maddogtobI sympathize with you completely, I am not good at chasing things through the forums and often think myself as inept which is not good for morale!.

Also fixing things takes too long, this particular bug has been out since EL (I reported it first time June 3rd.) all the EP's SP's etc all bring new bugs and I personally dread them so much as I know they will break something or other.

I started playing the sims 4 I think at the beginning of 2015, I had played the free 48 hours they gave us and despite not being at all impressed I decided to buy it, and then left it and carry on with the sims 3.

This year, with the pandemic to keep me home I decided I needed as much entertainment as possible to keep off depressing thoughts. So I bought a few more packs on sale or bundles and re-started playing the game, I really took and interest to gardening as it presents challenges to gather all the plants and graft them etc.

That is why it is so important for me, it gives me something to have my sims working towards a goal.

But yes, it's an expensive hobby and a very unreliable one too...for what it's worth, when things get really bad I go back to my Sims 3.

Message 18 of 20 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick 

Huge thanks for listening and making Laundry List a real thing ♡

Sincere thanks from one happy simmer!

// edit. Here's a link to the Laundry List if someone missed it: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Laundry-List-March-10-2021/m-p/10147729#M176576

Message 19 of 20 (1,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

That is great news, and thank you OP for help bringing it about.
I wish there were some way of subscribing to the 'Laundry List'. (Edit, nevermind, I found it).

@SimGuruNick  Hello, thank you for the list. It would be great if it could be explained in the Laundry List how players can help; what you need - and in some detail. Thank you.

Message 20 of 20 (535 Views)