Re: Request for an upright piano

by JonaO703

Original Post

Request for an upright piano

Champion

I'm really glad we were given the digirad piano for small spaces.  The grand pianos are cool but take up a lot of room.  I wish we had a small upright piano option for a couple reasons.  First, sims can't resume writing music from piano to digirad and vice versa.  On the piano, you get sheet music in the inventory and on the digirad you get a digital file.  Second, the "synth" sound on the digirad is terrible for many of the songs available to play on the piano.  If we were given the option to change the voice on the digirad, like a real digital piano, and if all songwriting on any piano yielded sheet music, there wouldn't be a great need to develop an upright piano.  I still like the idea of it, though, as an extra option.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 1 of 4 (435 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've found that the electric piano breaks down, and neither my sims nor the emergency repair service can repair it - so about once a week I was having to buy a replacement. I'm back to having a huge pretentious grand piano in my middle-class suburban living rooms, and I hate it, it looks so out of place. We need an upright piano.

I know I can use the pipe organ from the Vampires pack, but even though they're both keyboards that's been classed as a separate skill, so my sims have to learn fro scratch how to play both piano and keyboard.

Message 2 of 4 (396 Views)

Champion

@MamaSimmerPlays Oh!  I didn't think to mention needing to repair the electronic keyboard.  That's a good point!  I've only recently started using the digirad.  I noticed there are different songs available for a musician to play.  However, the write songs options seem to be the same and the thing that bothers me most is that you can't play the written songs on either the keyboard or the piano.  One aspect that I like about it is that you can license keyboard and piano songs separately.  Anyway, I would rather just have an upright piano for the smaller homes.  Thanks for sharing!

Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)

Champion

Hey @MamaSimmerPlays !  If you're not opposed to adding custom content to your game, I found a few upright pianos here 
You searched for upright piano - The Sims 4 Catalog (thesimscatalog.com)

There were actually a few sites offering CC upright pianos but I liked the Welmar 116 at the above link.  I thought it was a little more homey than some of the others. :-)

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 4 (344 Views)