Re: Replacing Realm of Magic Sages

by ModernDai_Hippy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Replacing Realm of Magic Sages

★★★ Novice

I've seen tons of videos on youtube where people have given the Realm of Magic sages makeovers, but I want to replace them with the sages the official Maxis account posted on the gallery. So I followed a tutorial and placed each of the new sages in the households of the old sages and deleted the old ones. (Separate households just like they were before) But when I took my sim to the magic realm, the new sages I placed weren't there. Instead, randomly generated sages were in their place. So I tried a different method where, while in CAS, you type sims.add_buff buff_magicsage_practical (or _mischief, or _untamed depending what sage you want them to be) but it still didnt work. Can someone please walk me through how to do this?

Message 1 of 14 (33,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@muchloaf If you're not averted to using mods, there is a little mod by Merkaba on MTS (ModtheSims website) called "Magic Sages in Household" that let's you play the sages. Sorry, but we are not allowed to post links here. Playing around with this (make sure you read the accompanying description), it IS possible to replace the game's sages, despite of what kreatora said.

By the way, all codes must be applied on a selected, active sim while in Live-Mode, not in CAS!

You also used the wrong ones, use these in Live-mode with testingcheats on instead:

traits.equip_trait trait_MagicSage_Untamed
traits.equip_trait trait_MagicSage_Mischief
traits.equip_trait trait_MagicSage_Practical

So, here it goes:

Download and install the mod (Make sure the option is enabled in your game).

Delete your localthumbscache.package file within your documents folder.

Start the game and delete the ugly sages, then import your preferred ones and combine all three in a single household.

Place and play that household.

While in live-mode, apply the corresponding code to each of those sims. Do not enter the Magic Realm yet!

Save and go back to World View.

Go to My Housholds tab and mark them as "Unplayed" (which will move them to the Other Households list).

Save and exit the game.

Remove the mod and again delete that localthumbscache file within your documents folder.

Voilà! You're ready to go to the Magic Realm where you will find your new sages!

This worked for me. Good luck to you!

Edit by CM to add: @LukeMaestas  Oh, I forgot to mention that after going back to World View and before marking your new sage-household as "Unplayed", you obviously need to evict them first! I tried to edit my post, but for some reason it wouldn't let me...

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (33,210 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@muchloaf

I'm afraid this can't be done. The game by design will generate new sages. This is saved in a game script that you cannot change. In addition, even if you change something with the help of mod, for example, turn off aging, the game will immediately generate new "untouched" sages, and those old ones will become ordinary sims.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (33,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@muchloaf If you're not averted to using mods, there is a little mod by Merkaba on MTS (ModtheSims website) called "Magic Sages in Household" that let's you play the sages. Sorry, but we are not allowed to post links here. Playing around with this (make sure you read the accompanying description), it IS possible to replace the game's sages, despite of what kreatora said.

By the way, all codes must be applied on a selected, active sim while in Live-Mode, not in CAS!

You also used the wrong ones, use these in Live-mode with testingcheats on instead:

So, here it goes:

Download and install the mod (Make sure the option is enabled in your game).

Delete your localthumbscache.package file within your documents folder.

Start the game and delete the ugly sages, then import your preferred ones and combine all three in a single household.

Place and play that household.

While in live-mode, apply the corresponding code to each of those sims. Do not enter the Magic Realm yet!

Save and go back to World View.

Go to My Housholds tab and mark them as "Unplayed" (which will move them to the Other Households list).

Save and exit the game.

Remove the mod and again delete that localthumbscache file within your documents folder.

Voilà! You're ready to go to the Magic Realm where you will find your new sages!

This worked for me. Good luck to you!

Edit by CM to add: @LukeMaestas  Oh, I forgot to mention that after going back to World View and before marking your new sage-household as "Unplayed", you obviously need to evict them first! I tried to edit my post, but for some reason it wouldn't let me...

Message 3 of 14 (33,211 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@kreatora wrote:
@muchloaf

I'm afraid this can't be done. The game by design will generate new sages. This is saved in a game script that you cannot change. In addition, even if you change something with the help of mod, for example, turn off aging, the game will immediately generate new "untouched" sages, and those old ones will become ordinary sims.

I don't work for EA

@kreatora For future reference, it might be better to say "I think it can't be done" than to outright claim that it can't. No hard feelings though (or so I hope) as I've been guilty of that myself. Cheers!

Message 4 of 14 (33,202 Views)

★ Guide

I just tried that and it didn't work. :/ I used cheats and clicked destroy object on L. Gaba and Simeon. Does that not count as deleting them?

Message 5 of 14 (29,269 Views)

★ Guide

I discovered a way of doing this without mods that I thought I would share. I moved all the sims I planned on being sages into one household and played them for a while. When I was ready, I identified the current sages in game (the best way to do this is to make introductions with them in the magic realm,) then return to the home lot and invite the current sage over. I then turned testing cheats on and ran traits.equip_trait trait_MagicSage_(MagicSchoolHere) on the sim I wished to be the sage, right click and "Add Sim to family" on the sage of the same magic school, then immediately go to Manage Worlds. I then split the new sages into their own households not in world, then click the heart to move them to unplayed unfavorited households. I was able to move their pets/familiars into the households with them, but am unsure if they will still summon them. I now have the old sages in the original household, and the new sages in their own separate unplayed households. The next time I went to the Magic Realm the sages I selected were the sages in the magic realm.

Message 6 of 14 (28,521 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, so I had the exact same problem happen in my game. I blamed it on MC Command center mod. Anywho, I solved my problem by killing the sages, and spawning in the sage I wanted right as the grim reaper was turning the dead sim into a tombstone. I noticed that the game automatically makes the next sim to enter the magic realm the sage. So I would say timing is everything. I play on PC. I used the MC Command Center Mod to kill the sims and spawn in the sims at the right time. Hope this helps a lot. ;D

Message 7 of 14 (28,284 Views)

★★ Novice
@MrsKnitterknack thank you! it's working for me
Message 8 of 14 (25,483 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This works well, thank you! I must have written one of the codes wrong the first time, but I just repeated the process for one of the sages, then it was all right Standard smile 

Just a quick tip to anyone who's planning to do this and uses MCCC and/or other mods that assign jobs to unplayed characters, make sure you flag the sages with 'freeze career' the first time you see them in-game. I added Ethan Reyes from the trailer as the sage of practical magic, it worked swell, and then MCCC made him a fisherman and now I have to repeat the process, woops. 

Message 9 of 14 (24,513 Views)

★★★ Newbie

!!!No mods needed!!!

Select the sim in live mode and travel to magic realm and find the sage you want to be and 

Press Ctrl+Shift+C

Type "testingcheats on"

Use any of the cheats to to equip the trait

or

or

Now pause the gameplay

Hold on shift and press on the current sage and select 'Add to family'

Now Shift click on the new sage and remove from family

After the next loading page you will have the sages swapped