Re: Replacing Realm of Magic Sages

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

This actually worked for me. I think it also helps to max out on your spellcasting skills. I believe the sage title transfers to the next powerful sim. I could be wrong though. Lol.

Message 11 of 14 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if you found a solution to the problem since it's been over a year and half since you posted. However, I did find out I was able to transfer Sage power to my sim with the help of MCCC. I first max out on my sim's spellcasting skills and then I killed the Sage of Mischief by using the mod. When the grim reaper appeared I stood right next to him and TA-DA! the title was given to me.   

Message 12 of 14 (1,678 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If you have the MC command centre mod you can add the buff mentioned!

Message 13 of 14 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

So, I was trying NOT to replace the Realm of Magic Sages, because my Sim is married to Simeon Silversweater and they have children together and I wanted them to live together without breaking him. My Sim in another save is married to Morgyn and yeah, he "retired" on their wedding day and needed a new career, alas. I looked at the "Magic Sages in Household" mod and, while it looks great, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.  (I wanted my Sim teen and YA kids to go to the Magic Realm and ask their dad for spells, but also to have him live with us.)

So here's what I did:

1. My Sim gave Simeon a key. He showed up a lot, but it wasn't quite what I was after.

2. I created a club with Simeon and his wife and kids and turned it on and left it on all the time.  Better! although he would still "go home" whenever his needs got low. Frown

3. I downloaded LittleMsSam's "choose your roommate" mod, bought the bunk bed that's a single bed on top and a full bed on bottom, and chose Simeon to be our roommate. PERFECT. He sleeps either in the single bed on top or the bottom bunk with his wife. (Requires Discover University, and the bed is from Dream Home Decorator.)

Okay, he does throw a lot of "roommate parties," LOL, and engage in other roommate quirks, but it's fine. Also sometimes he starts doing the peepee walk around the house and/or seems tired/hungry/whatever, but we've started feeding him Potion of Plentiful Needs whenever he seems to need it and isn't solving his needs on his own. (Note that I do also have the check for vaild ages for roommate behaviors mod as well.)

So he's there as often as he would be if I played him, has a great relationship with his wife and children., and his family can go to the magic realm without breaking him. I have the kids ask him for help with homework, the toddler kids ask for flash card and bath help, etc. (I asked MC Command Center in the skill cheats section, and apparently he's parenting level 6 from this as an NPC.)

(Offering for those who are trying NOT to break the Sages--you can "put them back" and then live with them as an NPC this way. You could theoretically also create the Sages of your choice, including families and pets, and turn them into roommates/club members with their families.)

Message 14 of 14 (1,480 Views)