Re: Removing floor, also removes the ceiling above.

by Quickfragger

Original Post

Removing floor, also removes the ceiling above.

★★★★ Novice

Hello Sims. I am fairly new to the Sims 4. I love building houses and especially big villas in victorian or colonial time styles. However, I have stumbled upon the most annoying thing. Big houses usually have a grand staircase with a gallery above. Well, I can create that but when I remove the floor/ceiling of that floor, the ceiling above also disappears too, seemingly creating an outside environment in the middle of the house, under the roof blocks.

My question is as follows. How can I avoid this and is this a bug or just a rookie mistake?

Message 1 of 6 (17,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Building a room above, I could eliminate this. However, I'm not sure that is the correct way or just a way to fend the symptoms, not curing the problem. Anyway. I built a room above, but using iron fence to give the roof a certain gothic style to it.
Message 2 of 6 (17,419 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Quickfragger are you deleting walls in order to remove flooring?  The old way we used to create loft spaces was to 1) draw a room for the area where we wanted to remove flooring, 2) delete the floor, 3) delete a wall from the room, flooring would appear to pop back, 4) delete the flooring again, and 5) place a flat over the exposed ceiling area above which would treat the game as interior space again.  That old method still works, but there's a better way - instead of deleting any room walls, just replace them with fencing, and the room will be maintained properly.

Message 3 of 6 (17,398 Views)

@BryonyRae Fencing makes it look weird. I'm trying to build a stair well like in most facilities.
Message 4 of 6 (6,454 Views)

[ Edited ]

@QuickfraggerI drew up a room, then dragged it to the roof and eliminated the walls. Problem solved? For me, at least.

Message 5 of 6 (6,446 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Quickfragger This happens a LOT.

If you delete the floor, and the ceiling gets deleted... the ONLY way to fix this is to DELETE the entire level and rebuild it ALL.

I've tried a great many ways to fix it, nothing worked except delete the entire level and rebuild it all.
Message 6 of 6 (6,433 Views)