Removing automatic rinks?

by SimHallgerd

Original Post

Removing automatic rinks?

★ Apprentice

Is there any way, code, anything to be able to remove the ice rink or roller skating rink from the world? (The ones that automatically appeared outside the lots.) They annoy me terribly in the places where they appear. I have them on my public plots and I don't need automatic ones.

Message 1 of 5 (997 Views)

Re: Removing automatic rinks?

★★★★ Expert
@SimHallgerd Nope. Those are placed in the general city areas, not on lots. It can't be edited by anyone other than the makers of the game. AFAIK, there are no commands to remove them or change anything in the general city areas.
Message 2 of 5 (938 Views)

Champion

@SimHallgerd I must say, I agree with @Psychotps. It seems there is no option to delete the rinks. When I saw your post earlier I even tried to use the Free build Cheat, as a Hail Mary Pass... with no luck. I was hoping that someone else would post an option I wasn't aware of, but since Psychotps has also posted that he knows of no method, I thought I would mention the one thing I'm aware of, which I expect is not of interest to you. If you hate the rinks enough to give up your other Seasons features, there is of course the option to disable the Seasons EP. There are directions for disabling packs at this link: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 5 (906 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SimHallgerd The only thing I can think of trying would be TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod (if you are on PC or Mac anyway). It allows you to edit objects outside of designated build areas, like where those skating rinks appear. I can't post a link to the mod creator's site on this forum but it's pretty easy to find through an Internet search. The latest version is updated for the current game patch.

Message 4 of 5 (872 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ehm. Meanwhile left click and then select destroy object works.

Message 5 of 5 (598 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help