Re: Removing Super Sibling relationship

by Bellanaris88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Removing Super Sibling relationship

★★★★★ Novice

Is there a way to remove this super sibling relationship?

I have the following problem. My teen twins were about to age up and I wanted to send them on a vacation and then celebrate their birthday in Granite Falls with their friends. But I wanted to be able to control all the sims, so I moved them all into a new household and send them on a vacation together. But now after the birthday I saw that my young adult sims now have the Super Sibling relationship with the other teens. It's especially weird for their boyfriends to have both the boyfriend relationship and the super sibling relationship. So is there a cheat to remove it?

Screenshot (99).png

Message 1 of 13 (14,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Expert
@Bellanaris88

Apologies, I forgot about that. You have to enable that in MCCC. It's off by default. Click on a sim's computer and go to...

MC Command Center
MCCC Settings
Notification/Console/Menu Settings
Console Command Settings
Debug Commands in Cheats
... and Enable that. You'll have to restart the game before it'll take effect.

The new options will be there then.

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (14,184 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bellanaris88Did you already split the household after they went on their vacation? Best to split the household first before attempting to cheat your way out of the super Siblings trait.
Use the cheatcode: ctrl, shift c, to enable cheats by typing 'testingcheats on' in the window upper corner left hand side. Then use the code: 'traits.remove_trait super_siblings'. You might have to experiment with the name of this trait because I have never used this one.

You could also consider using MCC as a mod for this occasion because it will give you the best result. Afterwards you can delete this mod and play as you see fit.
With this MCC mod you can cheat this buff (trait) away by removing it from all the sims you have been playing. But, be aware that you remove the right trait or buff or else your game might get corrupted.
Have fun playing

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 13 (14,309 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll try the cheat as soon as I'm able. And I'm already using MCCC, but couldn't find the option to remove this. It's not listed as a trait, when I go to the 'remove trait' section. And since they're not actually related I can't edit the relationship either. Is there another menu, I missed? I keep searching for the same things over and over again, because I keep forgetting where to find them^^

Also, I've already split them again, and moved them back in with their parents.

Message 3 of 13 (14,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Bellanaris88

It's not a "trait", it's a relationship bit. I don't think MCCC will remove relationship bits. However, removing it is simple:

If you have testingcheats on, you can remove it like this...

Make sure both sims you want to remove the relationship bit from are both on the same lot. Make sure one of them is active and shift-click on the OTHER one.

So, if you have SIM A and SIM B both with "Super Siblings" that you want to remove, Make sure SIM A is active and shift-click on SIM B.

Find "Cheat Relationship", "Remove Relationship Bit", and you should see "Super Siblings" in the list. Select it and it'll be removed from both sims.

FYI...  Relationship bits are shared between two sims. Things like Best Friends, Super Siblings, Sister, Brother, Mother, Aunt, Nephew, etc, are all shared bits. You can "Add Relationship Bit" all you want, but if you add like Siblings, Brother, Sister... It won't show those changes in the family tree.  It's only for appearance sake in the relationship screen. And you don't have to remove BOTH, if you remove one, it'll be gone from the other as well.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 13 (14,245 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Psychotps 

Thanks for your reply. But I can't find the 'Cheat Relationship' pie menu. Do I need another mod or cheat for it to show up?

These are the only options I have and I'm sure I checked all the pie menus 

Screenshot (100).pngScreenshot (101).png

Message 5 of 13 (14,195 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Bellanaris88

Apologies, I forgot about that. You have to enable that in MCCC. It's off by default. Click on a sim's computer and go to...

MC Command Center
MCCC Settings
Notification/Console/Menu Settings
Console Command Settings
Debug Commands in Cheats
... and Enable that. You'll have to restart the game before it'll take effect.

The new options will be there then.
Message 6 of 13 (14,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That did it! Thank you so much!!! Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (14,167 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much... I too had issues about removing a sibling that was not a sibling at all in the first place, yet they sibling connection occurred once they got married... it kept saying in the family tree connections that he married his sister...How I do not know...yet with MCCC & your help this has fixed the problem. Thank you once again
Message 8 of 13 (12,829 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is there a solution for this without mods?

Message 9 of 13 (12,739 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@adduapina Nope.
Message 10 of 13 (12,702 Views)