Removed Fitness Stuff earbuds dialog options now appear as loading screen tips

by JahKneeSee

Original Post

Re: I keep getting weird messages on my loading screen

★★★ Guide

I think we all got this.. there have been a few others who have mentioned this. It is just generated regardless of DLC you own and the OK one I do not think anyone knows exactly why.. that one is. So your game is alright it is just Sims being Sims is all.

Message 11 of 29 (10,175 Views)

Champion

@Thalia2335, yes, @RavenLure is correct that we all are getting these messages and it has nothing to do with which packs you own.  It also has nothing to do with Mods or CC since I have the messages but I do not play with any Mods or CC. Wink

The Sims has a history of putting funny messages in the game, going back to the first version in 2000! Back then it was the game loading screen that had a lot of them (people actually looked forward to getting a new EP because at that time the loading screen messages would get new ones with each pack! Large smile)  There were also mysterious phone calls your Sims would get randomly that were like funny prank calls. 

In the Developer's Livestream for the Eco Lifestyle EP one of the Sim Gurus mentioned the new messages.  They were only meant to be a joke. Angel The earbuds one was added because in the most recent patch they took out the phone call that one of your Sims would get asking them if they wanted free earbuds (and then you would have to accept or decline the free earbuds, and the option to decline them read "No, I don't want free earbuds".  This was from the Fitness Stuff Pack.  The message that just says "OK" is just something to strike you as funny because it is so unexpected.  When I read "OK", I actually laughed so loud my dog was startled ! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 29 (10,140 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm still LOL at "OK"

Message 13 of 29 (10,094 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The OK one, which I have screenshot and have as my desktop background, is to do with the random/generalised  OK answer that sims can give to the text messages and calls they receive. 

Message 14 of 29 (10,073 Views)

Weird text on loading screens

★★★ Novice

Hi!

First things first: This has nothing to do with Strangerville. I am familiar with the creepy loading screen texts that came with it. 

The "problem" I'm having is that the texts in loading screens are sometimes very weird and random. This started about a month ago. I have no mods or custom content. I own almost every pack and the game is up to date. Otherwise the game works as it should. But about half of the loading screen texts I get are not what I think they're supposed to be? I mean I'm used to the gameplay tips and quirky comments, but recently I've started getting very out of the ordinary texts. Just a few examples:

Yesterday as I loaded up the game it just said "Paikat hajalle" (my game is in finnish), which means like "Wreck everything up." A couple of days ago the screen said "I don't want to wear ear buds." ("En halua käyttää nappikuulokkeita" in finnish). And sometimes it just says "OK."

Sooo... Is this something that's supposed to happen? I got Strangerville when it released and like I said, I know with it came a lot of weird messages, but the ones I mentioned started appearing just a couple of weeks ago. This doesn't bother me per se, I just find it weird. 

Message 15 of 29 (3,559 Views)

Re: Weird text on loading screens

Hero
@dr0pdeadappleb0y It is.

Merged your post with the main thread on this.

It's basically a joke on the free earbuds annoyance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 29 (2,628 Views)

Champion

@dr0pdeadappleb0y, this is by design. Standard smile The SimGurus mentioned in the Livestream that they put this in the June 3rd  patch.  These weird messages are supposed to be funny. Wink  The earbuds is a joke because the same patch that put these funny messages on the loading screens also removed the phone call that you would get if you had the Fitness Stuff Pack that would ask you if you wanted free earbuds.  You then had a choice of saying yes, or saying "No, I don't want free earbuds".  

I don't know about the "Wreck everything up" message... either it is different in English, or I just haven't noticed it yet. Wondering

As for the "OK" message, this is funny just because it is so unexpected.  I laughed so hard when I first read "OK" , that I startled my dog! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 29 (2,602 Views)

★★ Guide
@dr0pdeadappleb0y The Gurus say it was done by design, not a bug.

The loading screens are meant to be funny. The new ones came with the recent update (which is why you're seeing them now.)
Message 18 of 29 (2,581 Views)

Loading screen message that says "OK"

★★ Newbie

When loading an existing game in SIMS 4, I get one of the message screens and all it says is "OK". What does this mean? This message repeatedly came up when playing the game yesterday. I am unable to get that screen again today so far. In some cultures this is a sign of racism and oppression. Yes, I am being picky about it because I drop a lot of money on SIMS games every year. I am not going to do so with hidden racist messages. Please remove this page.

Message 19 of 29 (2,556 Views)

Re: Loading screen message that says "OK"

[ Edited ]

@blazinpig  I've merged your post with the master thread discussing the loading screen messages.  This is a joke about the free earbuds; the OK message goes along with the "I don't want free earbuds" message you might also see on a loading screen.

As you can see from the accepted solution on page one, this is by design and is an attempt at humor, not an attempt to invoke oppression or inequality.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 29 (2,548 Views)