by JahKneeSee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Removed Fitness Stuff earbuds dialog options now appear as loading screen tips

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Holiday Celebration Pack, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Get Together, Movie Hangout Stuff, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Observe the loading screen tips closely.
What happens when the bug occurs? The old Fitness Stuff earbuds dialog options now appear as game tips on loading screens. So far I have seen tips of "OK" and "I don't want free earbuds" below the spinning plumbob.
What do you expect to see? Not this. Wink
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to v1.63.133.1020 on June 3.

I have not tried to remove my mods and observe the loading screen since it could take a while to see this new behavior, but I suspect that my mods aren't causing this. A minor issue, but I thought I should report it.

Message 1 of 29 (4,321 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Removed Fitness Stuff earbuds dialog options now appear as loading screen ti

EA Sims Team

Hello.

This is by design.  Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 29 (4,165 Views)

All Replies

Re: Removed Fitness Stuff earbuds dialog options now appear as loading screen ti

★★★★★ Guide
@JahKneeSee I feel this might be more of a cheeky side of the devs, some of that maxis Sims humor then a bug lol 😋
Message 2 of 29 (4,308 Views)

Hero
@JahKneeSee Seriously doubt that's a bug.

Maxis Humour

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 29 (4,236 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I thought Maxis was having a laugh when I first saw "I don't want free earbuds" on the loading screen, but seeing just the word "No" made me think it was a mistake. Maybe my sense of humor is lacking. Thinking

Message 4 of 29 (4,213 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

This is by design.  Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 29 (4,166 Views)

weird loading screen tip

★★★ Newbie

i was playing the sims last night. when i went to travel with my household, the tip on the loading screen just said "ok". is this new, or could my game be bugging out on me?

Message 6 of 29 (4,088 Views)

Re: weird loading screen tip

★★★ Pro

On twitter sim guru nick said it was added by sim guru ruskki so it's not a bug.

Message 7 of 29 (4,067 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve seen these tips as well, but I don’t own the Fitness Stuff Pack

Message 8 of 29 (4,061 Views)

★ Novice
@ErrkyyKayy Same here. I assumed this was a bug.
Message 9 of 29 (4,003 Views)

I keep getting weird messages on my loading screen

★★ Novice

So first off, I've been playing The Sims 4 for a while. I only recently noticed the messages on my loading screen. I know that Strangerville causes... odd messages to pop up but I do not own Strangerville. The most common message is just the word 'ok.' Another common one is 'I do not want free earbuds.' I also do not own the DLC with earbuds (not sure of the name). I have a few mods in my game, but most are minor gameplay tweaks and CC. Is anyone else having this issue? My game still runs fine and everything, I'm just a little bit confused. 

Message 10 of 29 (10,481 Views)