Re: Weird text on loading screens

by PugLove888

Original Post

Re: Weird text on loading screens

Champion

@dr0pdeadappleb0y, I think I just got the message (finally!) that you had which in your language was "Wreck everything up".  In English it reads "Trash up the place", which can refer to wrecking a place up, but in this case refers to the extensive amounts of trash that Eco Lifestyle brings to the game! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 29 (707 Views)

Re: I keep getting weird messages on my loading screen

★ Novice

I JUST got 'I could use a good N.A.P right now lol! very funny ea team 

Message 22 of 29 (7,398 Views)

Earbuds Prompt on Load

★★★★ Novice

So I've noticed when loading into and playing The Sims 4, the free earbuds social prompts have been a part of the loading tips/hints for quite some time.
I noticed this shortly after the patch that introduced the free earbuds. (I want to say roughly around the time of the Island Living patch for base game)
Specifically "I do not want free earbuds" and "OK" have been part of the many loading prompts for far too long, and this seems to be one of the few places where it may actually get addressed by the gurus (fingers crossed)
Honestly, it has been around for so long and such an inconvenience that someone attempted to make a mod to get rid of those prompts (outdated right now, I think)

This should really say something.
Let's hope the Gurus finally get around to fixing this instead of developing more DLC

Message 23 of 29 (700 Views)

Re: Earbuds Prompt on Load

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EmoKawaiiChibi , I'm afraid I don't quite understand... you want the loading messages regarding the earbuds to be taken out? Wondering I would rather them fix an actual bug that affected actual gameplay than remove something that is harmless, and even funny to some people that doesn't affect gameplay at all.  I don't see how this is an inconvenience . And since it isn't a bug, then there is nothing to "fix" really. It is working as intended. 

While several EA employees do read these pages, I've never seen a Sim Guru here (though I could be wrong).  At best maybe an employee for EA can pass the message along, but again since there really is nothing broken, it wouldn't be a high priority. (edited becasue I just ran into a thread where a Sim Guru posted on! OopsLarge smile )

The messages about the earbuds remind me of the loading messages and phone messages that the Sims 1 used to have.  😄

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 24 of 29 (676 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@PugLove888  I've been personally logging every bug, glitch, and game-crashing event that I encounter each time I play (and reached roughly 90-100 issues so far). The earbuds prompt on loading is in fact one of those many issues, as it only occurred in the patches AFTER earbuds were introduced, not WHEN they were introduced.
It is annoying to see phone prompts on loading "like in Sims 1" when we are talking about Sims 4. The FOURTH installment of the franchise that is SUPPOSED to be an IMROVEMENT of the previous three. Angry
The fact that the prompt was put onto the loading screen after initial introduction, is the only phone message prompt put onto the loading screen, and a mod was created to get rid of it- all point to the fact that it IS a problem. Shocked
It is one of the MANY problems with TS4 (again, logged 90-100 with a base console version and all have repeated on PC in the past, meaning that it isn't just a one-time goof or device-specific, and that ALL have been ignored) Teeth bared

As for the Gurus, those ARE employees, specifically tasked with working on some aspect of The Sims franchise. Maxis works under EA after all.

So I again hope this gets the attention of the Gurus, because I will gladly share my error log Disappointed

Message 25 of 29 (614 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EmoKawaiiChibi I can’t tell from this post if you already understand that the “earbuds prompt on loading” is not a bug… and it’s not a prompt, it’s just a little joke that appears where the “tips” usually appear during loading. As already explained in this thread, it’s a joke that refers to the Fitness Stuff prompt. While some folks might not think it’s funny or don’t get it, that’s not a particularly compelling reason to get rid of it. You say it has been an inconvenience - in what way is it a problem? I am having a hard time grasping how the little bits of text that appear while the game loads could be an inconvenience to you.
Message 26 of 29 (598 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ChapelParalysis 

It is VERY aggravating and upsetting to see so many people come out of the woodwork just to say "this was done on purose as a joke"

If people are saying "I get this too, and I don't get it/I don't like it" and say it enough that other threads are merging into this one, then clearly the joke was not only missed, but the joke also wasn't funny 
This "purposeful joke" was seen as an annoyance by NOT JUST ME (refer to original post mentioning a mod that attempted to fix it)
Maybe some people don't want a phone prompt (seriously, what else do you call it?) on their loading screen and find it annoying enough that it is an inconvenience to their Sims 4 play session- especially if said person has already been having a bad day and just DOESN'T ant to see "OK" or "I DON'T WANT FREE EARBUDS"
Clearly, the wrong route was taken with this "joke" choice in regards to people not wanting the earbuds phone call (because apparently that was an issue the Gurus decided to make a joke out of?? Yikes)
But sure, let's dismiss all of that with "bUt iT wAs JuSt A jOkE sO iT iSnT a BuG oR pRoBlEm" Disappointed

I wanted this to get the attention of the Gurus because until someone mentioned a livestream (would love a link to that if a replay is available), I DID see the earbuds prompt on load as a bug given the circumstances they were noticed under (which I mentioned early on in this thread)

Maybe yall need to stop dismissing the real issue here with apathetic responses Angry

ALSO: Apparently other load prompts were added that didn't sit right with people from other packs, so maybe that should be talked about and not completely dismissed with "that's not the original topic that's already been answered with a mediocre reason" Shocked

Truly, I'm disappointed and ready to close this thread.

Message 27 of 29 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EmoKawaiiChibi , I never said that Gurus weren't EA employees.  They are just a specific kind of employee.  You were specifying that specific type of employee and I merely stated that other employees frequent this forum.  

Yes there are bugs in the game, but this specific issue is not one of them.  This prompt was intentional since the original prompt would happen in Live Mode for every new household , and that got tedious after a while because it would actually interrupt your game to do so, requiring you to reply.  This is the solution that the developers decided on, and as a little joke they put the prompts in the loading messages so as not to disrupt the flow of the game.  I burst out laughing when I first read them, and they still give me a smile! 😎 The Gurus had stated when they change was made that they were doing this, therefore it is intentional! 

You don't like it and want it removed, but some people do like it!  The rest don't care one way or another! 😆  Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean that it is a bug.  I don't like that we can't play as our pets , but since that was intended by the developers that means it isn't a bug, just a feature that I don't like.  However some players do like that we can't play as dogs and cats because it is more realistic. Those people are happy over the situation even if I am not . 😉  Usually with an actual bug, nobody is happy! Raised eyebrow

Loading screen jokes have always been a part of the Sims.  Just because this is the 4th version of the Sims doesn't mean that they should stop loading screen jokes.  You are not required to sit and read each one if you don't like them.  😉  Unlike an actual bug in the game (such as children getting stuck at school, or gardens not growing, or the game crashing when certain animations are done by a Sim in CAS) this does not affect gameplay. I think better time would be spent fixing actual bugs in the game and not "fixing" things that are working as intended. 🙂

Message 28 of 29 (539 Views)

Re: Loading screen message that says "OK"

★★★ Newbie

@blazinpig wrote:

When loading an existing game in SIMS 4, I get one of the message screens and all it says is "OK". What does this mean? This message repeatedly came up when playing the game yesterday. I am unable to get that screen again today so far. In some cultures this is a sign of racism and oppression. Yes, I am being picky about it because I drop a lot of money on SIMS games every year. I am not going to do so with hidden racist messages. Please remove this page.

Saying “ok” is a sign of racism and oppression? Against who? 

Message 29 of 29 (238 Views)