Remove Legacy Edition

by Darlene52

Original Post

Remove Legacy Edition

★★★ Newbie

I let my son play my game one day and he saw the SIMS$4 Legacy and thought it was a free game pack and installed it. When I saw he had done that I completely uninstalled my game and re-installed it. When it finished I saw the Legacy addition had installed again so I removed the game from my pc again and when I went to download the game again I made sure to uncheck Legacy so that my original game only would install. Again...no go...Legacy still downloaded. EA claims that Legacy will only run of your pc isn't up to standards such as running on a 32bit instead of a 64bit. I personally own a Gaming computer that operates on a 64 bit Windows 10. If Legacy still pops up and runs on my PC then it's proven Legacy will over-ride the original SIMS4 game regardless, and when it does it causes the game to either not start up at all or after starting the game crashes and in play nothing works properly. In my opinion after dealing with this issue I find Legacy to be somewhat of a Virus that's taking over my game and I can't get rid of it to save my butt. I bought two new packs today and did a reinstall to start a fresh game. I've had to uninstall and reinstall 4 times and Legacy continues to control the game and no matter how many times I check off not to install it does anyway. How can I just remove it from my library altogether so it can't install itself? I'm beyond frustrated considering the amount of money I've invested in this game and am unable to play it.

Message 1 of 2 (335 Views)

Re: Remove Legacy Edition

★ Guide

Wow, this problem is popping up a lot lately. I have no idea about uninstalling it, but I accidentally downloaded it when it first came out because Origin gave me a notice that I needed to. Anyway, you do not need to uninstall it. You just need to enter your origin and click on your game settings. It should show a drop down menu box. You can select for it to play on 64bit.  This works beautifully, because with the fact that you already have the legacy edition downloaded, you won't ever accidentally download it ever again nor will your account try to download it automatically. It will never bother you again.

Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)