Relationship trait bug - wrong traits showing in my spouse's description!

by PrplGrl3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Relationship trait bug - wrong traits showing in my spouse's description!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS: Sims 4 Seasons, Get to Work GAME STUFF: Outdoor Retreat STUFF PACKS: Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug happened after I picked a different trait for my spouse (who I created myself, he wasn't an NPC character I met in the game), via 'Change Sim.' Originally, I chose the traits, 'Genius,' 'Neat,' and 'Good' for my spouse, but, recently, I've been very undecided about the middle trait (Neat), being conflicted on whether my spouse should have the 'Neat' or 'Loves outdoors' trait, and have switched between the 2 a couple times (about 2 or 3 times), through 'Change Sim.' I've finally settled on picking the 'Loves outdoors' trait for him, though.
What happens when the bug occurs? After picking a different trait, and leaving character customization, it now gives a wrong description of my spouse's traits in the 'Romantic' category (via the 'Relationship' icon at the bottom of the screen), whenever I hover my mouse over his picture. When I go back into 'Change Sim,' to check his traits, there's no problem, the correct traits are there, just backwards, in a different order (which I'm I'm fine with, because at least the correct traits are there). But when I go back to the 'Romantic' category in the 'Relationships' icon, and hover my mouse over my spouse's picture again, it still gives a wrong description of his traits.
What do you expect to see? When I hover my mouse over my spouse in the 'Romantic' relationship category, it should be showing the traits I picked for him: 'Genius, 'Loves outdoors,' and 'Good.' But, instead, it says his traits are 'Loves outdoors,' 'Neat,' and 'Good' - The 'Loves outdoors' and 'Good' traits are there, but now the 'Genius' trait is gone, somehow replaced with the 'Neat' trait; in spite of me changing his traits to 'Genius,' 'Loves outdoors,' and 'good.' This doesn't affect my spouse's behaviour - he still behaves like a sim who loves outdoors, becoming tense when he's inside for too long, and doesn't act like a neat sim at all - but it's quite frustrating and a little confusing that my sim, who now loves outdoors, is still showing the 'neat' trait in his description Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm not sure what 'changes to your system,' means, but this bug did happen after I changed my sim's traits through 'Change Sim' (at the mirror)

I couldn't upload any images, because it was giving me a lot of trouble with that, so I hope my descriptions are easy enough to understund, and not too confusing. But I've tried everything: re-analyzing my spouse's personality (a unique interaction aliens can do to sims, to immediately find out all 3 of their traits - both my sim and my spouse are aliens), re-equipping my spouse's traits in 'Change Sim', but nothing's working :/

Message 1 of 7 (1,873 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Relationship trait bug - wrong traits showing in my spouse's description!

★★★ Guide

On the sim you didn't change the game will show the traits that sim knew about the one you changed last they talked about the traits. On the one you didn't change, you have to do "get to know" socials on the one you changed to update the panel information. You may have to do this multiple times to update all the traits they know about the other sim.

In regards to their behaviour it may take several sim days before they start to behave according to the new traits, just because of how the game works - it's almost like they have to shake off their old behaviour.

I've never used 'Change sim' because I find it easier to just cheat and edit sims in CAS, but the above works for every sim where I've changed traits. As such I can't speak to whether 'Change sim' is bugged or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,836 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

On the sim you didn't change the game will show the traits that sim knew about the one you changed last they talked about the traits. On the one you didn't change, you have to do "get to know" socials on the one you changed to update the panel information. You may have to do this multiple times to update all the traits they know about the other sim.

In regards to their behaviour it may take several sim days before they start to behave according to the new traits, just because of how the game works - it's almost like they have to shake off their old behaviour.

I've never used 'Change sim' because I find it easier to just cheat and edit sims in CAS, but the above works for every sim where I've changed traits. As such I can't speak to whether 'Change sim' is bugged or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Message 2 of 7 (1,837 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 7 (1,795 Views)

Hero
@PrplGrl3 DId it update the info once you talked to them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,739 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, it did, it's now showing the right traits! Standard smile Sorry it took me a bit of a while to reply, I only tried doing this with my sim just now. Thanks for the help,TheSteelRodent! Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (1,716 Views)

Hero
@PrplGrl3 Glad to hear.

Moving this to game info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi again, I thought I should post this, for anyone else having this issue, and are not having any luck. This did work for me the first time, but I tried switching around traits for another sim in another household that I made, and used the 'get to know' interaction again, to see if it would work for other households, but it actually didn't, no matter how many times I used the get to know interaction again, it still kept showing the wrong traits. I was really stuck on what to do, but then I tried doing something that fixed the whole thing! Standard smile Here's the steps:

1. I went into character customization via change sim (after typing testingcheats true, then cas.fulleditmode, so I could change traits), and saved my household to my library (consisting of myself and my spouse). The icon for saving the household is at the top right of the screen when you're in character customization, it's the icon with the arrow pointing down at a folder.

2. Then I hit the 'Open Gallery' icon (just to the right of the 'Save Household' icon). From there, I selected 'My Library' at the very top of the screen, selected the household that I just saved to the Gallery (households that have been saved to your Library in the Gallery always come with an image), and (at the bottom right) clicked 'Place Household.' (This part is hard to describe, but I'll try my best). This placed the members of that household into the household I was currently customizing, adding my household member count to 4 - 2 were the original members of the household (my sim and my spouse), and the other 2 were identical copies of my sim and my spouse, which were added to the household from the gallery.
3. Because my original household only had 2 members (myself and my spouse), and I was only having a problem with my sim, not my spouse, I deleted the identical copy of my spouse from the household (keeping my original spouse, of course), bringing the household member count down to 3. Now, THIS is what solved my problem - I deleted my ORGINAL sim from the household, and kept the identical copy of my sim instead, and from there, changed the traits to what I wanted her to have. Because this sim was an exact copy of the original sim I had, she had the exact same look, skill levels, traits and job position (even the exact same gardening and fishing info on my phone, in the notebook section!) so no progress was lost by deleting the original, and my sim is now showing the right traits again Standard smile The only thing that was different was that I lost the friendship progress I had with my friends, but that was really easy to get back again by taking pictures with them, via the phone. Because of this, though, I'd recommend trying TheSteelRodent's suggestion first.

Message 7 of 7 (1,669 Views)