by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rejuvenation potion realm of magic

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except romantic garden stuff, toddler stuff, luxury party stuff, and moschino stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the new game pack for realm of magic, use a cauldron and select brew potion. Then try to make the rejuvenation potion .
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will not attempt to make the potion and the action wont show up either.
What do you expect to see? I expect her to make the potion when I click on the potion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time I try to make a rejuvenation potion in the new game pack realm of magic, the sim does nothing. No actions pop up in the bar. I have all the ingredients and I cant make that potion. I can make other potions just not the rejuvenation potion.

Message 1 of 16 (4,464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rejuvenation potion realm of magic

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Can anyone having this issue possibly share a save file where the issue is occurring? You can DM me a link to the save. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (3,836 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@tayphernelia I am also having the same problem, but I can not brew any potion at all.
Message 2 of 16 (4,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jan_831 Did you try replacing the cauldron ?

@tayphernelia Tested this. Have no issue. Is this the only potion you have issues with ? Did you try different cauldrons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (4,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

Yes I did and that did not work.  I had the more expensive one and replaced it, and then I tried replacing it with the less expensive one.  It did not work.  I can cook with it, but when I click to make a potion it doesn't even come up in the Que.  I was able to make potions at first, the only thing that I did different from the first time was added perks.  I tried removing the perks and that didn't work either.

Message 4 of 16 (4,364 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 did you try cauldrons at the magic realm as well ? Can a different Sim do it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (4,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI did not try the cauldrons in the magic realm in that game session. Unfortunately, I did not save the game. I did go to the previous save and my sim was able to brew potions. I was unable to open the spellcaster perks however and I am not sure why since I did add them. I went back to three previous saves, and in each she was able to brew potions, but in every one the spellcaster perks is greyed out. They were not always that way. I also tried brewing potions in the magic realm in the previous saves and had no problem. It seems that whatever went wrong happened after I added the perks.

I did see another post regarding the bloodline trait and the problem with the perks, My Sim does not have that trait and I am playing with an existing family that I have been playing with for about 8 months and she has never been any other occult form.  She is a celebrity though.

Edit to add... I was curious to see if the fame points were affected so I checked and she can no longer access her fame points either.

Message 6 of 16 (4,318 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 There's also this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Issues-with-talent-book-no-bloodline-trait/td-...

might be that issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (4,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictHi Crin, I read the linked report. I do not use mods ever and the only cheat I ever use is the fill motives cheat which I use only rarely. I don't think that cheat is related to the problem because I did use it before Magic Realm and had no problems with the celebrity perks, although I can't say for sure when the celebrity perks became a problem. I added them and was happy with what I chose, so I didn't pay attention to them. Here is where it gets interesting, Last night when I was checking the older saves I never completely closed out of the game before playing a different save, I just clicked exit to main menu. This morning I went into the game to check something and the save game from last night which when I closed out had all of the issues with the spell caster perks was fine. I was able to click on both celebrity perks and spell caster perks and everything was there. I had 2 spell caster points to use but didn't as I am now sure that whatever went wrong previously was caused by one of the perks I chose in the game where it all went wrong. When I exited the game completely last night after playing everything seemed to fix itself. I did not make a backup for this game yet, so I did not want to play around with it but later on tonight when I play I will back it up and then use my spell caster points to purchase perks to see if once again I have problems and I will let you know. I am sorry for the lengthy post and I hope I didn't confuse you.

Message 8 of 16 (4,279 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi Crin, I am not sure what happened in my game the other night. After completely closing out the game and going back in everything seemed to work fine. I tried to duplicate the issue and was I unable to. I thought it might have been the perks I added, but when I added them one at a time and tested to see if one of them was causing the problem, nothing happened. Right now the cauldron, spellcaster perks and celebrity perks are all working and I didn't have any problem playing the game. Since I didn't save the game where the problem occurred I'm not sure what went wrong or why. If it happens again, I will post. Thanks.
Message 9 of 16 (4,212 Views)

Hero
@tayphernelia Tagging for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (4,170 Views)