Redeeming codes on legacy edition

by Catchys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Redeeming codes on legacy edition

★ Novice

Hey guys, I have legacy edition of the sims 4 and I was gonna buy the sims 4 cats and dogs expansion pack from my local games shop that has a redeemable code. Would I be able to apply this to the legacy edition? Or do I have to buy it on origin only? Thanks for any help!! 

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Redeeming codes on legacy edition

@Catchys  Yes, you can redeem the code and use it in the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  As far as Origin goes, the LE isn't a separate game, it's DLC (like a pack) that you "buy" for free and download.  You own the same version of Sims 4 that everyone else does, you just have an extra add-on to make it work on your older computer.  So you can add packs just like everyone else too.

However, while Cats & Dogs will run in the LE, it may not run very well.  I don't know why your computer requires the LE, but most systems that cannot run the standard version of Sims 4 would also struggle with Cats & Dogs, which is quite demanding compared to the base game.  So it might be better to get a different pack instead.  The first three expansions by release date are milder, as are all game and stuff packs, with the possible exception of Realm of Magic.  Please keep in mind that any pack released after October 2019 won't run in the LE.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (261 Views)

All Replies

@Catchys  Yes, you can redeem the code and use it in the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  As far as Origin goes, the LE isn't a separate game, it's DLC (like a pack) that you "buy" for free and download.  You own the same version of Sims 4 that everyone else does, you just have an extra add-on to make it work on your older computer.  So you can add packs just like everyone else too.

However, while Cats & Dogs will run in the LE, it may not run very well.  I don't know why your computer requires the LE, but most systems that cannot run the standard version of Sims 4 would also struggle with Cats & Dogs, which is quite demanding compared to the base game.  So it might be better to get a different pack instead.  The first three expansions by release date are milder, as are all game and stuff packs, with the possible exception of Realm of Magic.  Please keep in mind that any pack released after October 2019 won't run in the LE.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (262 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks sm ! I have city living, seasons and get to work already. They work perfectly fine on my computer and I really want cats and dogs but thanks for the recommendations and telling me it might run slow!

Message 3 of 3 (250 Views)