Re: Recommended Specs vs. Actual Size on HD

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Recommended Specs vs. Actual Size on HD

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I was noticing that the specs listing for TS4 (under recommended: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/system-requirements) says "Hard Drive: 18GB", but when I go into the folders on my computer it is showing TS4 as taking up 34.9 GB. I was looking through those files, wondering why they were 34GBs, and I saw a lot of subfolders with thumbnail package files, and other package files called 'client full build' package (there were also more than one 'client full build' in the subfolders). Are those files needed? What are they? I noticed that those files (thumbnails, and full client build) are really large. I know that there were several files in TS3 the players needed to constantly delete (to reduce bloat), it is the same for TS4?

Is this why (one of the reasons- aside from bugs, and lots with a lot of items, plants, and so forth) people are having issues with lag (and some people not having enough room on their computers for TS4)? I would think that when EA lists 'recommended specs' (not just minimum) as 'needing 18GB' then most people would never conceive needing well beyond that (34GB, in my case, for example- and that 34GB is without a tonne of cc or mods, and I have Seasons, Parenthood, and Eco Lifestyle all disabled). 

Message 1 of 2 (391 Views)

Re: Recommended Specs vs. Actual Size on HD

Champion (Retired)

@InfiniteVerve 

You should remember that the expansions you have installed also takes up space. The number you quoted is basegame only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (324 Views)