Recent Retail Store Issues

by shaderondark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Recent Retail Store Issues

★★ Apprentice

Problem with Retail Stores.

I have bought 3 retail stores with my sim, made them myself, they are pretty simple and all the sims can get to all locations in the store so nothing has been blocked off. 

My issue is that every now and again, customers will come in, my sim starts retail actions with them and they walk straight out, they don't even stay long enough to finish a retail action.  Yet with the same mods and the same character, on a different save this doesn't happen, all the customers stay a really long time and usually each one buys at some point.  

Has something happened recently with an update to reduce the time customers stay because it's only been happening for about 24 hours (earth hours not sim hours). 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,860 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Recent Retail Store Issues

★★★★★ Novice
@shaderondark sorry it may not have worked. Maybe try saving your build/retail to your library or the gallery (recommends library) and then try restarting your game. I did a little research, and another reason this may be happening is from Mods/Custom Content in the build. If you are on a computer and press *esc*, then game options, and then disable and re enable your custom content and mods in game, then reset your game it might work.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,744 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I've just done a fresh re-install and this is still happening occasionally.   Is this a feature which has been implemented to be more like real life where sometimes you just get curious browsers who really have no intention to buy?

I thought it might have been because I didn't have enough variety in my shop but I've got loads of different items now and it's still going on. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@shaderondark Hi! Nothing has changed. You might need to get some employees to keep up the conversations and interests in the retail items. Also, you could use retail perk points to give a different way of playing including a longer stay at the store, buying more products, etc.
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game. Feel free to contact me! I'd love to help.
Message 3 of 6 (1,792 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@shaderondark you could also repair your game for get to work if you feel like what I said earlier doesn't work. I only know how to repair through Origin so here are the steps if you have it.
1. Open Origin
2. Login if needed
3. Tap on your profile (bottom left corner)
4. Press "Games" under your profile
5. Tap Sims 4
6. Go to the Gear Icon or Settings (same thing)
7. Press repair
This will repair your game. Hope it helps! If you have any other questions reach out to me!

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game. Feel free to contact me! I'd love to help.
Message 4 of 6 (1,790 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@shaderondark sorry it may not have worked. Maybe try saving your build/retail to your library or the gallery (recommends library) and then try restarting your game. I did a little research, and another reason this may be happening is from Mods/Custom Content in the build. If you are on a computer and press *esc*, then game options, and then disable and re enable your custom content and mods in game, then reset your game it might work.
Message 5 of 6 (1,745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@_North_South_148   Magically after the June update it fixed!!!   It may have been a little spurious code or something in a mod that did it, but after the update I bought Eco Living and University Life and it all seems to be fixed now.   

Thanks for the input and help.   

Message 6 of 6 (1,672 Views)