Realm of Magic story not working.

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Realm of Magic story not working.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I guess I need assistance.

Just tried out Realm of Magic and didn't get very far.  Talked to one of the three patrons. Forget what they're called. Got the task to get the 7 motes. Went back and turned it in, nothing.

Went out and got 7 more, turned them in to a different person. Nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

"Realm of Magic" is supposed to have... you know... Magic?

I'd hate to have spent this money on what's basically only a Stuff pack.  It DOES contain two entire cities. I suppose I can trash all the "magic" stores and make my own mini-mall...

Message 1 of 15 (719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Realm of Magic story not working.

★★★★ Expert
@jpkarlsen Looks like it was a broken install. Not sure what happened, I've never had that happen before. I removed and re-installed Magic and it's working fine now. Dunno. It still has bugs, but those are just the usual broken things in the game.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (621 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Like I wrote to you in another thread. Did you turn them in to the same sage that gave you the task?

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (671 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen  & @Psychotps , I was able to collect the motes and turn them in with no problem and the Sage that assigned me the task turned me into a Spellcaster immediately. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 15 (653 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@jpkarlsen Looks like it was a broken install. Not sure what happened, I've never had that happen before. I removed and re-installed Magic and it's working fine now. Dunno. It still has bugs, but those are just the usual broken things in the game.
Message 4 of 15 (622 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@jpkarlsen @PugLove888 One thing I don't understand, I've been playing it non-stop since yesterday. I reached the top of all three schools of magic, learned all the spells.

About the spell "Duplicato". It said something like, "Will summon a duplicate of yourself 'for a time'."

"For a time"? Does anyone know how long? It's weird. I had the duplicate for two days and I could command her to do stuff. For two days after that, I couldn't command her, it said "Cannot command evil twin"?

I had her for another three days, this makes it a week! I ended up just asking her to move in 'cause it's annoying to have someone in the house I couldn't actively control.

How long were they supposed to last? The "Command to..." options disappeared after like 4 days. I basically have a twin sister now. She even has all my skills and all the spells I learned also.
Message 5 of 15 (616 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, I don't know how long the Duplicato is supposed to last.Wondering   I haven't even learned it yet.  Are there a any options to "dismiss" the duplicate?

My guess is that the usefulness of the spell is for a limited time, but the duplicate might be permanent.  Perhaps @jpkarlsen knows?  The developers didn't say anything about that on the Livestream either. Raised eyebrow

Message 6 of 15 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888Nothing in the Magic menu, There was the normal "Ask to leave" option, but I was already building a relationship and didn't want to bork it. I was more interested in seeing if the Duplicate just vanishes on her own. So far, it's been 10 days and no signs of leaving. It might not happen now since she's part of the household.

Message 7 of 15 (596 Views)

Champion

So, she is part of the household now?  Does that mean you can control her now? Wondering

With Get to Work, one of my Scientists keeps having the task of making a copy of himself.  One was just like him, and the other was almost like him but Evil and had different color eyes.  They both went home with him and are now living with him, his wife and their children.  (Odd family consisting of regular Sims, Aliens, and half-aliens, and now clones! Raised eyebrowLarge smile)  There isn't any room left in their household unless I move some members out, so I guess he won't be getting any cloning assignments until then. Wink  But I could always control the clones, just like any other Sim. Thinking

Message 8 of 15 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888I waited a week before asking her to move in. I figured it the sims didn't "Despawn" by now, they're not going to.

I've done the Scientist "clone" many times. This one's different. With clones, If it's a vampire, you don't get the vampire perks. You don't get any of the skills either. You DO get the aspiration rewards tho.

With this "magical clone", you get everything. All skills, All spells, everything. They only diverge after the clone came to being. Well, the only thing you don't get is the original sim's inventory isn't copied also.

Message 9 of 15 (583 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps  Good to know!  I'm glad it isn't the exact same as clones. Standard smile

Message 10 of 15 (578 Views)