Re: How do I upload and share my Sims4 Sim creation?

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

How do you share a lot? My son is getting his own PC with his own Origin account. We want to transfer his builds and Sims.

Message 1 of 7 (3,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice
You go through the same process to save the sims, except instead of going to build mode from your save file, you go to the create a sim mode. Here you can upload your sims/household to the gallery or your library... The only downside with this is this is *not* transferring the game (your progress) to the library, only the build/sim.

If you want to move the save file in its entirety, that is a different process, not related to the internet.... But I only know how to do it for PC.

For PC, you should have a folder somewhere that is for EA, and it should have all your data for the Sims 4. From there, there is a folder for save files. Just copy these and move them into your sons new game.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (3,673 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there! What are you wanting to share it from (PC, XBox, PlayStation, etc )?

I have it on PC with an origin account myself, but I think in general you will want to log in, and connect to the internet. For PC, you click on the lot you want to save, go into build mode, and then click the button that looks like a folder with an arrow pointing down into it. It should give two options: save lot, or save room. Click on save lot (looks like a house). From here I get a pop up, where I can fill in any details I want. The bottom left is a button to save the lot to the gallery (share with other players), or on the bottom right is a button to save the lot to my library. Saving to the gallery also saves to your library. You can access these any time from the gallery. 

Message 2 of 7 (3,674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
You go through the same process to save the sims, except instead of going to build mode from your save file, you go to the create a sim mode. Here you can upload your sims/household to the gallery or your library... The only downside with this is this is *not* transferring the game (your progress) to the library, only the build/sim.

If you want to move the save file in its entirety, that is a different process, not related to the internet.... But I only know how to do it for PC.

For PC, you should have a folder somewhere that is for EA, and it should have all your data for the Sims 4. From there, there is a folder for save files. Just copy these and move them into your sons new game.
Message 3 of 7 (3,674 Views)

Champion

@halfheartedhippi  Hey there!

I asked a similar question yesterday, and @SheriGR  posted a great little website dedicated to help with sims 4 issues. I'd recommend checking it out, it'll help with any other issues you encounter!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 7 (3,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MandatoryIDtag Thank you for your kind mention! It's actually my website, so you made my day with your kind words. @halfheartedhippi , this is the page that MandatoryIDtag is referring to:

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 7 (3,652 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you all so much! I don't know why I didn't think of just transferring the saved file. You are all so helpful and kind. I genuinely appreciate it.

Message 6 of 7 (3,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@halfheartedhippi You are most welcome! I though you may want one more bit of information... If your son is playing on your computer and will now be playing on his own computer, he should be able to move his library and game saves to the new game by copying the Tray folder and saves folder from the 'The Sims 4' folder in your computer (where he has been playing his game saves) and using it on his computer:

• documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves
  • documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Tray 

He will want to overwrite the "Saves" and "Tray" folder in the Sims 4 game on the new computer after he installs it. [ in:  documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ]

There is detailed information about this and more on Crin's website: 

If he's not concerned about saving his game saves he can just copy over the 'Tray' folder to move over his library.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 7 (3,637 Views)