Re: Can I play with the same Sims on two different computers with the same Origi

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Can I play with the same Sims on two different computers with the same Origi

★★★ Newbie

That was not the answer to the original question. The question is ‘can you play the same sim character that you created on one computer on your second computer’ not can you play the actual game. Or be logged in at the same time.

I need the answer to that as well. I have created my sim character on my Mac. I saved my game. I logged in on my HP and my character is not on the new computer when I log in. So is there a way to play my same character I created, the same storyline, on two different computers?

Message 1 of 2 (16,517 Views)

@ShezAnEnigma007  I've split your post into its own thread in the Sims 4 forum, since the other thread was a few years old and apparently didn't answer your question.

Yes, you can play the same save on multiple computers, but you'll need to manually copy over your save.  Your user data is located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4: saves are in the saves folder, saved households and builds in the Tray folder, etc.  These files can be swapped from one computer to another and should work fine.

So all you need to do is grab the save(s) you want from your Mac and transfer them to your PC.  You can use an external drive or USB stick, if it's readable by both OSs; or you can upload your content to a filehosting site (Google Drive, Dropbox, whatever) and download onto your PC.  It's best not to transfer entire folders, just the files inside them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (16,487 Views)