Re: Best pc for the sims 4 with the highest settings A LOT OF MODS & expansi

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello!! I was wondering if there is anyway you could help me? I am having a hard time finding a pc that will run TS4 pretty good for my budget!! Thank you
Message 1 of 7 (454 Views)

@nicxoooo  Sure, just list your budget and country, as well as any other details that matter to you.  Do you want a laptop or a desktop, do you want to play other games or run other demanding apps, would you like extra storage for other purposes, etc.?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictAhh thank you so much Standard smile I would like to spend under $600 but my highest would be under $1000 and I live in Canada i’d prefer a desktop over laptop and I mainly play the Sims 4 and would like to play at high/ultra settings as well as extra space for custom content!! I doubt I will be able to with my budget I have been having a hard time finding stuff.

Message 3 of 7 (393 Views)

@nicxoooo  If you want to play on high or ultra graphics settings, $600 Canadian isn't really doable.  The cheapest good option I found was this one, for $900:

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_1203_121&item_id=146238

It has a processor and graphics card that should handle Sims 4 on ultra settings even with all current and future packs installed together.  It's one disadvantage is that it only has a mechanical drive (HDD), so everything from Windows to games would load slower than if they were installed on a solid state drive.  Sims 4 will run just fine on once it's loaded though.

This one is $930 and has a 512 GB solid state drive, which is more than enough room for most people.  Its processor is weaker than the one above, but still more than fine.  Its graphics card is a little slower too, but it should still be fast enough to run all current and future packs together on ultra.  It also has 12 GB memory rather than 8, which is nice although not strictly necessary.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-nitro-50-gaming-pc-intel-core-i5-9400f-512gb-ssd-12gb-ram-...

The only other comparable option I saw for less than $1,000 is this Dell, for $950.  It has a small SSD, enough for Windows and the Sims 4 program files, although you'd need to move your user data folder to the mechanical drive to avoid running out of space on the SSD.  It has the same processor and graphics card as the second one above.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/desktops/dell-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5090-desktop/di5090_h2e

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.  If these are all more than you want to spend, you could look into refurbished models.  But those come with their own risks.

Message 4 of 7 (340 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you!!! I’ll probably go for the first one Standard smile
Message 5 of 7 (285 Views)

★ Novice

What do you recommend for the US?  There are so many out there and the desktop I bought to finish grad school doesn't do as much as I would like it to on a regular day, and I have had nothing but drama getting Origin to work on it.

Suggestions would be great.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 7 (261 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ColbyJack5005  Do you want a laptop or desktop, and how much would you like to spend?  I can look for options for you later today.

I'm not great with Origin issues, but for yours, you can try a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

Other than that, you'll probably have better luck in the Origin forum.

Message 7 of 7 (247 Views)