Re: Rare Surprising Choice Option?

by TomSpeedy180

Original Post

Rare Surprising Choice Option?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys! So earlier today, I was playing as usual and got a seemingly normal Surprising Choice pop-up that included my two sims who are spouses.

You know how the free option is usually the consequence of "sadness" or "sickness" which basically means your sim will just randomly cry and/or throw up, but you still play the game as usual?

I don't know if I'm just being delusional, but I swear these negative choices hadn't made an actual impact on gameplay before, and I've only seen one other person from this forum mention it on an old topic from 3 weeks ago. 

Basically, the consequence negatively impacted my sim Easton and now his own wife can't even directly interact with him because he is apparently holding a grudge lol.

I can't even complete their relationship chapter because his wife was the one who began the story, but she can't even interact with him. It's been at least 5 hours of not being able to progress their relationship which is crazy annoying lol. Every time I tap on him, it just says he's upset. Is there a different between the option of "you'll make _____ sad" versus "you'll make _____ upset"? I've never noticed a difference and don't recall exactly the wording that paused a part of my sims lives LOL 

anyways, can someone help me out to confirm whether or not this is actually just my mind playing tricks on me or if other people actually haven't experienced this?

honestly, even if the feature was always there and I'm just tripping out, having the "free" option be so harsh means we're forced to give up interactions for (8? hours) or spend money. i don't really want to be intimidated into spending money haha.

Message 1 of 20 (4,091 Views)

★ Expert

I have had this happen. It ruin's game play. Yes you can't complete relationships when they can't talk to each other for like 8 hours. 

My couples constantly get surprising choice when I enter parties. It drags other sims into the parties. They are trying to take the emotions from the sims 4 PC version and incorporate those  emotions in a different way in this mobile game. I don't like it and I don't think it works well for this game 

Message 2 of 20 (4,041 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Fuzzernutter wrote:

I have had this happen. It ruin's game play. Yes you can't complete relationships when they can't talk to each other for like 8 hours. 

My couples constantly get surprising choice when I enter parties. It drags other sims into the parties. They are trying to take the emotions from the sims 4 PC version and incorporate those  emotions in a different way in this mobile game. I don't like it and I don't think it works well for this game 

Interesting... Does it only happen with that "two sims at the same party" issue that I've seen being talked about? Because that is exactly what happened to me today, haha.

I wish there was at least a countdown? I have no clue when it'll end and I'm afraid I'll start a super long event with the wife just to have the husband back to his regular self shortly afterwards lol.

I don't quite appreciate the fact that a) it lasts so long and b) that its a way of forcing people's hand. like, usually I like to sabotage myself by not making in-game purchases and therefore progressing slower... EA, please leave that to me, I can already do it so well LMAO

Message 3 of 20 (4,028 Views)

★ Expert

I get them in parties allot and out of parties too. I got two today outside of parties. Steal from your boss or take the bad food etc. The stealing ashamed action does not work at all so I choose it LOL 

Right now my only married sim, I retired her husband so I have no reason at the moment to get a husband / wife surprising choice. I have gotten the retired husband/playable wife surprising choice and it does nothing to their relationship because one of them is retired. 

I think Ea should remove surprising choice from this game. It's annoying. They should find something to add to make the game fun . Surprising choices are not fun and ruin the game 

Message 4 of 20 (4,024 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If the surprising choice relates to forgotten lunch, I choose the steal lunch option since it doesn't affect gameplay for me. If it has to do with a tonic from a random seller, I would select the one asking about their day. If its about a relationship, I close the app and reopen it for a chance to avoid it or at least prepare for it. Now that choice surprises the game.

Message 5 of 20 (3,997 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's like EA is trying to go out of their way to make you waste cupcakes or spend sim cash. It was annoying but still fine for me when they would just sob or barf because it didn't effect gameplay. 

Bad execution on their part

Message 6 of 20 (3,974 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@TomSpeedy180 wrote:

If the surprising choice relates to forgotten lunch, I choose the steal lunch option since it doesn't affect gameplay for me. If it has to do with a tonic from a random seller, I would select the one asking about their day. If its about a relationship, I close the app and reopen it for a chance to avoid it or at least prepare for it. Now that choice surprises the game.

Does closing down the app get you a new, different event?  

Message 7 of 20 (3,970 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ShaNoodle9 wrote:

It's like EA is trying to go out of their way to make you waste cupcakes or spend sim cash. It was annoying but still fine for me when they would just sob or barf because it didn't effect gameplay. 

Bad execution on their part

Exactly, I had only had the negative choice actually affect gameplay this one time. Which is annoying because that means I'll always be paranoid to choose the free option from now on LOL, I wish they legit stated the effect that it would have, because I assumed it would do nothing detrimental just like always...

Message 8 of 20 (3,957 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TomSpeedy180 wrote:

For the tonic one, is that the one one where you can say experimental vs. extra experimental or whatever? For that surprising choice situation, choosing the most bottom tier actually gains relationship points from all of my past experiences!

I honestly don't even remember the exact question because I assumed it was like always, and from what I remember, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary or else I'd make note of it. Obviously something relationship related, but past relationship questions didn't seem to have an effect.

There should be a guide outlining the best answers to choose as a cheat sheet lmao

Message 9 of 20 (3,953 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@TomSpeedy180 wrote:

Does closing down the app get you a new, different event?  

Just tried it with the fortune teller situation. Refreshed app twice and it still pops ups with the same exact thing. ):

Message 10 of 20 (3,946 Views)