Re: Izzy designing male clothes for female Sim

by funplanet222

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
This is a Crop Top Izzy has designed for a male sim but I have females. I would never dress a male sim in it if I did have one.
Message 11 of 40 (2,774 Views)

Re: Random gender designs by Izzy

★★★★ Apprentice
I'm definitely not fooling around with Izzy anymore. Not interested, so won't go back. It's frustrating as it takes too long to accumulate the diamonds. In addition, I feel cheated. Perhaps I'm unlucky, but every piece received has been extremely gaudy or hideous. Not sure whether it's a joke but I'm not amused. They also clash with my characters skin tones. I might reconsider if we had the ability to change the color so it's complimentary/salvageable and was not a waste?

I totally agree that Izzy should not randomly choose gender designs. It should be and would be assumed by the player it's for the character who enters the shop. I don't want clothing for my male and was puzzled my female received wide leg N'Sync jeans. If Izzy created unique and stunning designs, I would spend real money in a heartbeat.
Message 12 of 40 (2,377 Views)

Re: Random gender designs by Izzy

★★★★★ Expert

I too am getting so tired of getting clothing for the wrong gender. With how long it takes to get the gems i really don't think it's too much to expect to get clothing for the gender of the Sim that enters the shop.

Otherwise imI starting to feel like it's trying to get you to spend real money to buy more gems.

Message 13 of 40 (2,371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

IMG_0424.jpg

Please don't take it away, I'm loving my male crop top on my yogi sim!

It looks super sporty and retro (80s?).

I thought it was a Izzy exclusive male clothing or something.

Message 14 of 40 (2,355 Views)

Inappropriate Clothes Based on Gender

★★★★ Novice

I mean, is this really for male?

Message 15 of 40 (2,388 Views)

Re: Inappropriate Clothes Based on Gender

★★★★ Apprentice
How is it inappropriate? Does female wearing it make it any more appropriate?
Message 16 of 40 (2,378 Views)

★ Apprentice

Honestly, why does it matter? It's not as if genitals dictate what people (or sims) have to wear. And across the globe even the societal norms for what should be worn by a specific gender vary a lot (I'm sure there are places today where they would question a female wearing trousers). So just decide what you think looks nice and go for it. 

Message 17 of 40 (2,367 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I wouldn't wear it, but doesn't mean others can't.
Message 18 of 40 (2,360 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the point is that if it's going to be restricted to a single gender, female makes more sense. I think it's a shame none of Izzy's stuff is for both men and women. Some of it certainly looks pretty gender-neutral.

Message 19 of 40 (2,343 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is a screenshot of someone else who received the same crop I did that can only be worn by males. I only have female sims. At least make it gender neutral, I’m not saying males shouldn’t be allowed to wear it but it should be our choice not forced on us. Not everyone loves this look.
Message 20 of 40 (2,300 Views)