Re: Random Amounts of Money

by daikoyu

Original Post

Random Amounts of Money

★★★★★ Guide

Not sure if this is a bug. But I have two saves (all that I’ve played so far that I’ve noticed since last patch up) where my household is getting random amounts of money. I’ve checked mc command center and I don’t have anything set up to do this and I don’t own bust the dust. Any thoughts on what’s causing this? Do I need to open a bug report? 

Message 1 of 11 (760 Views)

Hero

@candiecoatediv 

Do any of the households where you're seeing the increased money have a sim who has completed the Fortune aspiration?  

If you play rotationally or just play a lot of household, household funds for non active households can increase if they have a sim that has completed the Fortune aspiration.  If they happen to be in the zone as an NPC where you are actively playing and the timer hits you will get a pop up that says they made money.  When you go back into that household, you will find that the household funds have increased.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 11 (722 Views)

★★★★ Expert

What @CGrant56  said.  Check their traits for Shrewd, which they get by completing the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. 

Message 3 of 11 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CGrant56 No it’s a random amount $47-49 simpletons and my sims hasn’t completed any aspirations not in either save. Both are new save files. The mods I have are mccc and I checked all the areas where they could be receiving additional funds and don’t see anything enabled. And no notifications or pop ups tell me why my sims is receiving the money. It happens once a day. I also use wonderful whims but didn’t see anything there either where money would be given. I’m just stumped at this point.
Message 4 of 11 (701 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do you have the bust the dust kit? 
Dust bunnies typically appear and will bring you random sums of money throughout the day.
If you didn't ask them to do so, then it might be a bug.

Message 5 of 11 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@muchheinz Nope. As I mentioned I do not have bust the dust.
Message 6 of 11 (682 Views)

★★★ Pro

Are you playing a teen or live in Sulani? I encounter that my sim (teen runaway) in sulani got random money each day in a vanilla game (without lot trait or dust bunnies)

Message 7 of 11 (661 Views)

★★★★ Expert

The Penny Pixies lot trait, perhaps?

Message 8 of 11 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@daikoyu Nope. In both saves that I’ve had this happen they are young adults. One save they work the scientist career and the tiger save I just have her doing odd jobs.
Message 9 of 11 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I thought maybe that was it as well bc I have used that lot trait in the past but not for these particular saves.
Message 10 of 11 (633 Views)