Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

Hero
@H0117_39 Decide which one you want to use. You should only use one at the time or they conflict with each other.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 62 (103 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★★ Novice

No, I only have the defender. I don't have any other antivirus software since I know having more than one causes a lot of problems

Message 22 of 62 (100 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@H0117_39 did you by chance set Sims to run in compatibility mode ? Did you also try disabling controlled folder access or just add the game as an exception ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 62 (87 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Unable to access gallery in game

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I am taking further steps now to see if thats the issue
Message 24 of 62 (84 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game failed to come online after the November 2020 patch

★★★ Novice

Many thanks to your kind replyStandard smile

Ive tried as soon as I see your suggestions, but every time I try to repair in origin, my origin will crack when the process comes nearly to the end. Ive tried four times since yesterday, and i am wondering if theres anything I can do to prevent it

Message 25 of 62 (56 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm not sure. It's never done this before and the only changes I've made are get new packs and change my origin password. How do I apply those changes you've suggested?

Message 26 of 62 (78 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@H0117_39 Try this to start with: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Compatibily mode is set by right-clicking on the Sims 4 icon on your desktop - Properties - Compatibility 

Check if there's a check mark for the compatibility mode. If there is, remove it.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 62 (86 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I've done that too. Nothing changed. I've just about given up at this point

Message 28 of 62 (80 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@H0117_39 Is this a laptop or desktop computer you're using ? If it's a laptop, have you tried if it works on a public wifi or at a friends house (I know, might be a bit difficult atm, depending where you are)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 62 (76 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

This is on desktop. When I downloaded the new packs it was on my friend's laptop at her place, though. Maybe I can try using my hotspot?

Message 30 of 62 (72 Views)
Twitter Stream