[ARCHIVED] Legacy Edition: No Gallery/ Packs not appearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 university not showing

★ Apprentice

discover university is the first pack that requires 64-bit computer. Check that first and if you have a 64-bit, then text me, I'll figure another way out

Message 70 of 172 (660 Views)

★ Novice

I checked and I’m pretty positive I do have the 64 bit

Message 71 of 172 (643 Views)

@hbs1121  The question for Macs is not whether they run a 64-bit OS (they do, and they have for more than a decade), it's whether a particular Mac supports Metal.  Those that don't cannot run the standard version of Sims 4 and are stuck with the Legacy Edition.  If you're not sure whether your Mac's hardware supports Metal, please list its specs here, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The other problem is your OS: Yosemite doesn't support Metal.  But if necessary, you can update to El Capitan or later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 72 of 172 (632 Views)

Re: i can't access my sims 4 gallery?

★ Novice

what? why?! that's a really fun part of the sims why not

Message 73 of 172 (637 Views)

Re: i can't access my sims 4 gallery?

Champion (Retired)

@griggslybear3 

Because it can't run Discover University or any future packs. This means that there will be more and more content online that the ones on legacy edition simply can't use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 74 of 172 (634 Views)

How do I get a refund for university?

★★★ Newbie

I looked and my computer does not support it and I want my money back. It was not made clear that this expansion pack was not supported. I am really sad and mad. I spent money on game material I can't even play. 

Message 75 of 172 (858 Views)

Re: How do I get a refund for university?

Hero

Hi @radear1 

get in touch with customer support.

They should be able to help you

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 172 (828 Views)

Discover University expansion incompatible

★★★ Newbie

Hey, is the Discover University expansion pack ever going to be available on Sims 4 legacy?  That was a pretty expensive expansion pack and I'm going to be pretty pissed if I just wasted $39.99. Legacy edition was released before Discover University, and nowhere on Discover University as far as I can find does it say that they are incompatible. I can't uninstall Legacy edition because of my computer. So it would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed so I can play the game I bought.

Message 77 of 172 (675 Views)

Re: Discover University expansion incompatible

@blue_dumb_dumb  In all likelihood, the answer is no, Discover University and future packs will never be available in the Legacy Edition.  Even though it doesn't say on DU's page that it's incompatible with the LE, it does list requirements as a 64-bit Windows install or a Metal-capable Mac (and a sufficiently new OS), which are the same requirements to run the standard version of Sims 4 instead of the LE.  Those reqs are listed on DU's product page in Origin, among other places:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-discover-university#...

As for the money you already spent, you can always ask EA customer support for a refund.  Even though packs are usually not eligible, it seems that support has been making exceptions for people whose computers can't run DU at all.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 78 of 172 (648 Views)

Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

★★ Novice

This just isn't right. A lot of us have been faithful to the Sims for many years and it feels like we're being punished for our loyalty. EA developers, this needs to be fixed. This is not okay. I did not spend hundreds of dollars on your game for you to take away some of the best features. 

Message 79 of 172 (1,489 Views)