[ARCHIVED] Legacy Edition: No Gallery/ Packs not appearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: will I ever be able to play newer packs beyond September 2019 with legacy

★★★ Apprentice
@SophieTrophy07 sadly, they said they would no longer update the game to work for 64bit computers.....nor would they add any extra content
Message 60 of 172 (690 Views)

★ Expert
@SophieTrophy07 about your game not starting.. I would ask over https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 . Also, it is pretty awful what they did with the Legacy edition (to many people). I hope they are still going to fix the bugs, because they do owe that to paying players who purchased with that promise.
Message 61 of 172 (680 Views)

gallery dissapeared

★★★ Newbie

So haven't been onto the sims 4 in a few months and the other day i went on and i got the legacy edition and did all my updates but when i went onto the game i went too go into the gallery but my gallery button had been replaced with the my library button and all my previous households and creations were gone despite using the same account as i have been using for years. Its as if my gallery has just disappeared. I couldn't seem to find anyone else with this problem so if this has happened to you or you know how i can fix it please let me know Standard smile

Message 62 of 172 (647 Views)

Re: gallery dissapeared

@Sofiagirl123  The Gallery is not available in the Legacy Edition of Sims 4; neither are the other online features.  Additionally, Discover University and all new packs going forward won't run in the LE at all, even if you can download them without problems.

If you're not sure whether you need to be running the Legacy Edition, please run a dxdiag on your computer and attach it to a post here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Or, if you happen to be on a Mac, please post its specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 172 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SophieTrophy07 

No, the Legacy edition will not be able to run Discover University or any future packs. It will only receive bug fixes. So if you are not able to run in 64 bit there is only the option of buying a new computer. If you want me to check if your current PC is capable of 64 bit or can be upgraded with 64 bit Windows 10 Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 64 of 172 (658 Views)

★ Expert
@jpkarlsen not being able to start their game is a technical issue.
Message 65 of 172 (655 Views)

i can't access my sims 4 gallery?

★ Novice

it only shows my library as an option now. and the go online option is missing from the game settings as well now. i've tried everything and i dont know what to do. i use the gallery a lot please help me

Message 66 of 172 (711 Views)

Re: i can't access my sims 4 gallery?

Champion (Retired)

@griggslybear3 

The Legacy Edition do not have access to the online Gallery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 67 of 172 (686 Views)

Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

★★★ Novice

Why are they treating an entire user base like peasants just because their machines are "older". It's not like we're running Windows 95 on a old hard drive. They don't even have an excuse for why they wont connect to the gallery or allow you to play packs past September. As a developer I know they can do this. Sounds like SERIOUSLY poor product management.

Message 68 of 172 (1,583 Views)

Sims 4 university not showing

★ Novice

I just recently purchased a Sims 4 bundle. One of the packs I purchased was Discover University. I was not aware that this expansion pack was not available on my computer type. I have an iMac OS X Yosemite. I’ve searched everywhere to see how I can fix this problem but I haven’t been able to really find anything. I also can’t find any way to contact anyone either. It’s becoming quite frustrating as I paid quite a bit of money for me to not be able to play.... Am I able to get any kind of refund or trade or anything???

Message 69 of 172 (688 Views)