[ARCHIVED] Legacy Edition: No Gallery/ Packs not appearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Why don't my expansion packs transfer between platforms

Champion

@tori0805, that is a separate issue from the one you are posting on.  You really should make a new topic so others with the same problem can also find your post and post on it. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 130 of 172 (759 Views)

Re: Expansion Pack doesn't appear

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tori0805 Split your post from the rest of the topic as it's not the same issue as @PugLove888 pointed out

I assume you are talking about Discover University which doesn't work with the legacy edition. The legacy edition only supports packs up to Realm Of Magic.

Are you sure you need the legacy edition ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 172 (728 Views)

Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

★ Novice

I believe I have figured out a solution. A complicated one, but a solution, nevertheless. I suggest creating a new game before beginning the process.

First, you will need access to a computer that has the sims 4. NOT legacy edition- the computer must have access to the gallery.

From there, you can download whatever you want to have on Your sims 4 application.

Once you have downloaded the desired households onto the Other Computer, play and save them.

Then, you can copy the save folder and transfer it onto Your Computer by whatever means necessary. As a mac user I have used both my iCloud Drive and Airdrop. 

Place the contents of the save folder into your current save folder. Load the game.

The saves will be corrupted, but you can still access the household via manage households > edit household in CAS.

Once you have loaded the household into CAS on your computer, you can save it into your library.

This only works for households. I have yet to find a solution for lots, as the build mode option will also remain corrupted along with the save.

Message 132 of 172 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

After spending $300+ on this game I can't even access key features, this is ridiculous. Shows how much they care for their customers. 

Message 133 of 172 (817 Views)

Hero
@kittymaster98 Are you sure you need the legacy edition ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 172 (806 Views)

Re: sims legacy No custom content

★★ Novice

How horrible. What were they thinking when they shut out so many people?? The suggestion is for me to purchase a new computer to continue to play and access content? How rude!

Message 135 of 172 (819 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kittykat20047 I’ve tried this last night and it didn’t show anything I’ve saved
Message 136 of 172 (783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you upload from the website? 

Message 137 of 172 (715 Views)

Sims 4 (community gallery won't show)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA, 

During the last two month I switch my Sims 4 game from my very old PC to my laptop and found myself with problems with the gallery. When I start the game everything works as it should but when it comes to opening the gallery (F4) it only shows me my library and not the stuff of the community. I am unable to download houses or other ideas from the community. Do I have to enter a different way since I am now on a laptop? Is there something wrong? 

PS: I did check my connection to the internet  

Message 138 of 172 (771 Views)

Re: Sims 4 (community gallery won't show)

@Pochito17701  Does your laptop run the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition?  If you have the LE, then this is normal: it doesn't support any online features, including access to the Gallery.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 139 of 172 (722 Views)