[ARCHIVED] Legacy Edition: No Gallery/ Packs not appearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Expansions and stuff packs

Hero
@jfrannn17 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

The point of the legacy edition is that there will be no more updates or support for future packs.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag to check if you really need it?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 161 of 172 (662 Views)

sims 4 legacy accidentally downloaded not compatible game

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded a bundle which contained two games that are no longer compatible with Sims 4 legacy edition.. can i get a refund for these games? 

Message 162 of 172 (712 Views)

Re: sims 4 legacy accidentally downloaded not compatible game

@rlcurran  The only two packs that won't run at all in the Legacy Edition are Discover University and Tiny Living, although the more recent expansions (starting with Cats & Dogs) don't run particularly well in the LE.  Normally, Sims 4 packs aren't eligible for refunds, even if they don't run well on your system.

If you bought DU and TL through Origin, you might be able to get a refund from EA customer support.  But that's not guaranteed, and you'd probably have to refund the entire bundle.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 163 of 172 (682 Views)

Re: sims 4 legacy accidentally downloaded not compatible game

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your response! EA games are giving me a refund for the whole bundle. Such a pity was so looking forward to university again!!

Message 164 of 172 (647 Views)

Discover University won't show up in the Legacy Edition

★★★ Newbie

just bought university package at origin but we can't see the game? can i get my money back mvh tobias

Message 165 of 172 (601 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Legacy Edition: No Gallery/ Packs not appearing

@heabildgaard  I've merged your post with the master thread on the Legacy Edition.  Please see the first post for more information.

Message 166 of 172 (578 Views)

Gallery

★★★ Newbie

Can you use the gallery online in sims legacy edition 

Message 167 of 172 (593 Views)

Re: Gallery

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@janisha001 wrote:

Can you use the gallery online in sims legacy edition 

Unfortunately there is no gallery access with the Sims 4 Legacy Edition.

Source:

Legacy FAQ
The Sims 4 Legacy Edition
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/

The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/762...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 168 of 172 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I get that gallery wouldn’t work but if I downloaded a lot from say tsr would it work with legacy?

Message 169 of 172 (509 Views)

@addykimmy  That depends on what's used on the lot.  If it was uploaded before the Legacy update (November 12th), you should be fine.  If it's newer and contains new items that aren't available in the Legacy Edition, you may get a warning about objects being replaced, the same as you would if you didn't own items from a pack that was used in the build.  However, it's possible that the lot has an item or other characteristic that would prevent it from loading in your game, for example if it's a dorm or has the tiny house lot trait.

There's no harm in experimenting though.  If you don't want to risk your current user data, just move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, and load the game to the Main Menu to spawn a new one.  Add the TSR lot to the new folder and have a look at it in-game.  (Maybe move a couple sims in just to test it out.)  If you don't get any crashes or weird errors, you can trash the new Sism 4 folder, move your old one back to Documents\Electronic Arts, and add the TSR lot.

Message 170 of 172 (487 Views)