Re: Trouble Navigating Gallery

by quinnifin

Original Post

The sims... Please help

★ Novice

I have tried every youtube video and even the sims forum itself but nobody has been able to help me figure out why the gallery on the sims 4 has just disappeared for me. Please help 

Message 140 of 172 (478 Views)

Re: The sims... Please help

@dance2050  Are you running the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition?  If you have the LE, this is normal: there's no Gallery, or any online features.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 141 of 172 (459 Views)

Trouble Navigating Gallery

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I am trying to figure out how to download content from the gallery in-game (or even find what I have favorited from the gallery) but any "Community" or "My Library" tabs are non-existent. When I open My Library (F4) there is nothing above the search bar with the drop down menu to search by Hashtag or Item Name. I've tried repairing the game with no such luck and any other help I've seen in previous threads all really depend on those tabs I cannot find (like the "Community" tab, for instance). I don't use mods.

Message 142 of 172 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@quinnifin I wondered what you were referring to about the 'community tab', then I looked up some information (at this link) and I see that they show a community tab. https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gallery/

This must be an old format, as this is what the in-game gallery/library area looks like in my game. Sorry, this must be very confusing!

Gallery tab:

gallery-tab.jpg
News tab:

news.jpg

Profile/Showcase tab:

profile-showcase.jpg

Is this what you see in your game? If not, what platform are you on (Mac, PC, Console)? Do you have any Custom Content? Can you please include screenshots of what your gallery looks like in-game?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 143 of 172 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@SheriGR I was referring to what was the old format, but only because I can't see what it looks like currently. I can see everything you show in the Gallery tab except for the Gallery, News, or Profile tabs themselves. I'm on PC and I don't have any Custom Content. 

This is what I see when I open the Gallery:sims 4 library screen.jpg

Notice how I have the same white stripe on the top as you do, but nothing above it weirdly.

Message 144 of 172 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@quinnifin Thank you for the additional information and for the screenshot. This was very helpful! Please do the following:

Go the Main Menu Options Menu > Game Options > Other. Please then check the box "Online Features Access" and click the button "Apply Changes". If you get a pop-up that asks you if you want to go online say yes. Now check the results.

Please let us know how it goes. 

settings

Message 145 of 172 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@SheriGR I apparently don't even have the option to do that? online features access question mark.jpg

Message 146 of 172 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@quinnifin Are you on a child account? A child account would not have all of the same options and settings as an adult's account.

Message 147 of 172 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@SheriGR According to EA my account is an adult account. I made sure to check just in case although I am well over 18 myself. My account has a household of one (me) and it classifies me as an adult. I wonder what the problem is?

Message 148 of 172 (515 Views)

Champion

@quinnifin Thank you for checking that and for letting us know. Are you playing on a Legacy version of The Sims 4?

Message 149 of 172 (514 Views)