Re: my gallery isn't showing up

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this solved.

Just go to the website www.thesims4.com and sign in and then click on community and then click on the gallery. There you can view the gallery and save what you like to your library then when you start the game you will have access to the stuff from the gallery.

You can still access the community gallery you just have to do it from the sims 4 website.

(Post edited by CM)

Message 40 of 172 (8,441 Views)

my gallery isn't showing up

★★★ Newbie

i have a mac computer and since installing i'm guessing the latest update, my gallery doesn't show up and the next to the save button in cas it just says my library ive tried to turn on my allow online features access but that doesn't show up in my game options. i have no clue what else to do I'm signed in on origin

Message 41 of 172 (1,629 Views)

Re: my gallery isn't showing up

@llaila_mcc  Are you running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  In that case, the Gallery isn't available, nor are the other online features of the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 42 of 172 (1,615 Views)

Missing community gallery

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1610
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats, and Dogs, City Living. Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Parent Hood. Stuff Packs: Laundry Day Stuff. Free Stuff: Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the Gallery, and try to look for the community gallery tab at the top.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no tab or anything to access the community gallery.
What do you expect to see? Just your own library, with your downloaded lots/households/rooms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I added the new Sims 4 Legacy Version to the Sims 4 base game.

I've also had another problem before this problem. Once I downloaded the Sims 4 Legacy Version, it deleted all my data like saved housholds, cc, my downloaded gallery items like households, lots, rooms etc. Please take the time to fix this problem Sims team! Frown

Message 43 of 172 (1,702 Views)

Re: Missing community gallery

★★★★ Novice
@Monvica You don't have gallery in Legacy version. If your Mac does support Metal and you think it opening the Legacy version is a mistake, you can change versions via Origin client > Library > Right click The Sims 4 > Advanced Settings.
Message 44 of 172 (1,695 Views)

Re: I bought

Champion

@alexxopira, I'm sorry, but you will need to contact EA support on this!  I'm know you aren't' the only one with this problem! Disappointed  You can contact them from here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/
This lest you decide If you want to contact them by Live Chat, a phone call, or an e-mail. (I heard that e-mail takes the longest).  
Hopefully you can get this sorted out soon! Fingers crossedAngel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 45 of 172 (1,570 Views)

Re: sims legacy No custom content

★★★★ Novice
@starr1000 You should have both the sims four file still there as well as the new sims 4 Legacy file. You need to copy your save files to the Sims 4 legacy save file. The Legacy game is now running from this folder instead. Your content is not gone it needs to be moved to the new game folder. Back up your files to a usb or back up disk before doing anything. Shouldn't have any problems but you never know. As for mods, and tray content I'm not sure they now work with Legacy. Ive been trying to add some cc to my new legacy mod folder but the game is crashing on loading. Not being able to play with my content at the moment is very upsetting.
Message 46 of 172 (1,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you get the things into your game? It just says save it to my downloads but it doesn’t actually go into the game. Please help. 

Message 47 of 172 (8,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Luvbug217 
Please go to the link posted above. Unfortunately the Sims 4 Legacy Edition does not allow access to the gallery.
There has not been an official workaround at this point.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Edit to add:
Stuff Packs, Game Packs and Expansion Packs released after September 2019 will be unavailable.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 48 of 172 (8,288 Views)

★★ Guide
@EuphorialQueen so we can't download from the Sims 4 site either?
Message 49 of 172 (8,225 Views)