Re: Sims 4 not connecting to internet

by nu_s2003

Original Post

Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

★★ Guide

It's sad knowing I can never download anything from the gallery anymore. I used to use that to get homes for my Sims. I wish there was a way of changing this. It's just not fair.  Not impressed

Message 10 of 172 (9,016 Views)

Sims 4 not connecting to internet

★★★ Newbie

So recently Sims 4 got the legacy update. But my game is not connecting the gallery. I have a full Origin account and i also tried the Firewall thing to allow apps. but its just not working at all. 

Message 11 of 172 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since the update my Origin puts itself in Offline mode shortly after loading. I restart it to get the "critical update" but the same thing happens... It says that I've been disconnected because a mandatory update went live. But I can't get the update.

Sims 4 also won't launch, I just get an error box that I'm missing game data and I need to download The Sims 4 Legacy from Origin. Which I can't do because Origin keeps putting itself in Offline mode. 

Was all working just fine earlier this week before the update. 

Message 12 of 172 (1,599 Views)

@M00ccha  The Gallery is not available in the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  Here's the full post on how the LE works:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

@nu_s2003  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and which version?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 172 (1,593 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thanks for your help. I’m using Windows and I found the solution.

Downloaded Origin installer from their website - it then actually ran the necessary update.

I could then download the necessary Legacy edition free. Taking forever but I think it’s fixed! 

Message 14 of 172 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank u so much!!

Message 15 of 172 (1,553 Views)

how to make sims 4 enable online

★★★ Newbie

I have just bought the new expansion pack and I went to play it and the sims 4 said online access was denied and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 16 of 172 (1,774 Views)

Re: how to make sims 4 enable online

Hero
Hi @jadadarosa12

are you on PC or a Mac ? Is this for the standard version or legacy ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 172 (1,750 Views)

Legacy Edition & Sims 4 University Not Compatible?

★★ Novice

So I am so confused right now. I pre-ordered Sims 4 University. I get an automatic critical download for my base game that now all of a sudden makes my game unplayable so I have to download the Legacy Edition. Now, I FINALLY download the new content to be told now that, even though the update launched yesterday, Sims 4 University will not be playable on that platform??? 

Someone tell me that this is not real right now. Somebody...Anybody!

Message 18 of 172 (2,387 Views)

Re: Legacy Edition & Sims 4 University Not Compatible?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Markae009 This is the case. University is not supported for the legacy edition. This was communicated though

Are you sure you need the legacy version ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

If you indeed need it, I would reach out to support for a refund.

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 172 (2,380 Views)