Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Legacy Edition: No Gallery/ Packs not appearing

[ Edited ]
Hero

The legacy edition is no longer available

Introduction

The Legacy Edition of Sims 4 was introduced because EA dropped Support for certain older systems

Having this edition means three things

• You won't get any more updates (Game is frozen at probably Patch 1.56.52)
  • You don't have access to the Gallery and other online features like news messages
  • Every Pack released after October 2019 will not work with the Legacy Edition (first pack to not work is Discover University)

Most people will not need the Legacy Edition. Don't download it to fix any errors or just for fun. It's not something that will enhance your game. Only download if you're sure you need it.

How do I know if I need it ?

You can find all information on whether you need the Legacy Edition in the above linked thread.

If you are unsure, please use either of these threads. Both threads will tell you what to do if you accidentally downloaded it and how you can get rid of it.

I don't have the Legacy Edition and still no Gallery

Another reason for the gallery not appearing in your game is if you have an underage account. You need to wait until you are able to have a regular account.

I do need it and already bought the packs, can I get a refund ?

Yes, you should be able to get one (but it's up to EA's discretion to grant them, so no guarantees) 

Contact a game advisor for help with a refund

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 153 of 172 (21,906 Views)

sims legacy No custom content

★ Novice

After loading sims 4 legacy, everything in my gallery is gone, no custom content and couldn't log off.

Message 1 of 172 (22,546 Views)

Re: sims legacy No custom content

★ Novice
@starr1000 I had to, but my save file is fine, but if I'm turn on enable custom content, application is crash and can't be playable
Message 2 of 172 (22,528 Views)

Re: sims legacy No custom content

Champion (Retired)

The online Gallery is not available with the Legacy version. Mods and CC needs to be updated to work with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 172 (22,508 Views)

why is gallery gone?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just updated to the new patch, and download to Legacy; however, now I no longer have a gallery. When I click it, it just brings up my own library, not the online gallery with downloadable items from other simmers. Why is this and how can I fix it?

-thanks. 

Message 4 of 172 (22,356 Views)

Re: why is gallery gone?

@jdm592  The Gallery is not available in the Sims 4 Legacy Edition.  You can find more information here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 172 (22,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why is that? Is there no way to get it back?

Message 6 of 172 (22,334 Views)

@jdm592  No, sorry, not unless EA does something to reenable it.  But that seems unlikely.

Message 7 of 172 (22,325 Views)

Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

★ Apprentice

All I want to do is access the Sims 4 Gallery but I don't even have the option. It only option I get is to access my library. But I don't see the gallery tab. 

Message 8 of 172 (29,449 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't Access Sims 4 Gallery Post S4 Legacy Edition Download.

@JoanieAqua85  The Gallery is not available in the Legacy Edition.  For more information, please see this FAQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

Message 9 of 172 (29,431 Views)