Quick/Dumb Question: Can we customize townie?

by alohaitsclaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Quick/Dumb Question: Can we customize townie?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey hi,

My sim’s about to marry a townie, so I wonder if I can customize his appearance after he moves into my house (provided he’s non-playable sim coz all the slots were full) without having to retire or giveaway other sims?

Other related question: Is there any possible way we can own and customize more than 4 sims?

Message 1 of 4 (1,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Quick/Dumb Question: Can we customize townie?

★ Expert

You can only have 4 playable sims. If you married a townie you will need an open slot if you want the townie to move in. If all your slots are full , you would have to retire a sim or offer one of your sims to another player who might be looking for a spouse. Most players will want a sim with only one trait if you choose to ask another player to take one of your sims. If your sim is close to retirement the game will not permit you to transfer your sim to another player. You should go and retire the sim if you want an open slot. 

You can not give unplayable sims a makeover. They have to be playable. 

I think you can only have 12 sims total in the house. 4 playable and then non playable  retired sims and children waiting to be promoted. If you use the move out option on your children they will become NPC and won't wind up in the family portrait when they retire. If you chose the move out option on your retired sims, they will just take their place in the family portrait quicker. When you retire a sim, they become NPC. They hang around your house for 5 days. You can do hobby and career mentoring with them and earn heirloom tickets. If you chose move out after they retire you will just loose out on the events and the retired sim will take their place in the family portrait sooner 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,746 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

You can only have 4 playable sims. If you married a townie you will need an open slot if you want the townie to move in. If all your slots are full , you would have to retire a sim or offer one of your sims to another player who might be looking for a spouse. Most players will want a sim with only one trait if you choose to ask another player to take one of your sims. If your sim is close to retirement the game will not permit you to transfer your sim to another player. You should go and retire the sim if you want an open slot. 

You can not give unplayable sims a makeover. They have to be playable. 

I think you can only have 12 sims total in the house. 4 playable and then non playable  retired sims and children waiting to be promoted. If you use the move out option on your children they will become NPC and won't wind up in the family portrait when they retire. If you chose the move out option on your retired sims, they will just take their place in the family portrait quicker. When you retire a sim, they become NPC. They hang around your house for 5 days. You can do hobby and career mentoring with them and earn heirloom tickets. If you chose move out after they retire you will just loose out on the events and the retired sim will take their place in the family portrait sooner 

Message 2 of 4 (1,747 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Awesome answer Fuzz. Thanks for all that info!
Message 3 of 4 (1,645 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Fuzzernutter Thank you so so much for all your information buddy. I guess I cant be too greedy in The sims mobile :-s

Message 4 of 4 (1,618 Views)