Question about marriage

by jiwon4826

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Question about marriage

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

another player asked my sim to move in to their household.

If I allow my sim to leave to their household, would my sim disappear from my family tree?

Please let me know if anyone has done it before!!

Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Question about marriage

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@jiwon4826

If you allow your sim to join their household, you will lose control of that sim, but you will get an heirloom as if your sim has retired. The other player then has control over your sim. 

Will they be gone from your family tree? Well, you wont be able to control them anymore so you wont be able to have kids with them. However, if you already have kids with that sim, then they will still remember your sim as part of the family tree. 

Here are more details: http://simsmobile.gamea.co/c/jwsd3d0x

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (499 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@jiwon4826

If you allow your sim to join their household, you will lose control of that sim, but you will get an heirloom as if your sim has retired. The other player then has control over your sim. 

Will they be gone from your family tree? Well, you wont be able to control them anymore so you wont be able to have kids with them. However, if you already have kids with that sim, then they will still remember your sim as part of the family tree. 

Message 2 of 5 (500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was worried if he will disappear from my family tree but I guess since I already have kids from that sim, he should be still visible on the family tree. 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@TomSpeedy180 wrote:

@jiwon4826

They will not disappear from your family tree.  If you click on your family portrait and then use the past generations button to get to the appropriate page, you will still see them in your family tree.  They will appear young until the person who received your sim retires them and they it will appear just as any of your other retired sims appear.

I have given several sims to other players and all of them are still in my family tree.

Message 4 of 5 (480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I gave my sim to another player and he is still in my family tree. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (464 Views)