Question about aging sims?

by Valadenthys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Question about aging sims?

★★ Guide

Hope someone can help me with this.

I always play with the option to age every sim (including the ones I'm not playing with) off, because I want to do it at my own pace. However, one of my teen sims got invited to a friend's birthday party out of the blue. Since I have the aging thing off and there were no birthday candles on the cake, I thought the bday sim would be safe, but when the party was coming to an end she aged to an adult. I had to mess with CAS to turn her back into a teen.

How can I prevent this from happening without going to CAS to de-age them? Do I have to ignore the next bday party my sim gets invited to, or the bday sims ages anyway? I really wish this didn't happen if you have the option to age them off.

Message 1 of 3 (478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Question about aging sims?

★★★ Expert

@Valadenthys I have seen tuning mods that would allow you to have non-aging birthday parties but other than something like that I think you've already found the best solution with reversing unwanted age-ups in CAS. I agree, it would make more sense for no age-ups to occur at all if you have aging disabled in the game options.

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@Valadenthys I have seen tuning mods that would allow you to have non-aging birthday parties but other than something like that I think you've already found the best solution with reversing unwanted age-ups in CAS. I agree, it would make more sense for no age-ups to occur at all if you have aging disabled in the game options.

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 2 of 3 (447 Views)

★★★ Guide

I read somewhere that if you have aging off and get a call to go to a Sim's birthday party and you go, the Sim will still age. So if you don't want them to age, don't go to the birthday party. 

Hope I helped! 😊

Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)