Question About Changing Lot Types:

by MzMelonz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Question About Changing Lot Types:

★★★★ Guide

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how to make a Restaurant a Residential lot with Sims living there? I feel like it may be possible because I have an apartment (residential) on a previously restaurant lot, I suppose because ever so often, the apartment changes lot types by itself. However, when I try to do this manually, it won't allow me to move in sims due to it being a non-residential lot. I know that we have the option to change lot types, but I am not able to move-in any sims. 

Thanks for your input.

Message 1 of 4 (241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Question About Changing Lot Types:

★★★★ Expert
@MzMelonz

Not how you'd probably like.

Well, there's nothing stopping you from designing a restaurant lot with an apartment above it. However, as you've seen, you won't be able to "move" them in. You can take your sims there, eat, sleep, bathe... everything. It just won't be their permanent residence.

The problem is very simple:

To have a restaurant, it needs to be a restaurant lot, which won't allow sims to move in.

To have a sim move in, it needs to be a residential lot, but then you won't get restaurant customers.

Sorry.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@MzMelonz

Not how you'd probably like.

Well, there's nothing stopping you from designing a restaurant lot with an apartment above it. However, as you've seen, you won't be able to "move" them in. You can take your sims there, eat, sleep, bathe... everything. It just won't be their permanent residence.

The problem is very simple:

To have a restaurant, it needs to be a restaurant lot, which won't allow sims to move in.

To have a sim move in, it needs to be a residential lot, but then you won't get restaurant customers.

Sorry.
Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)

@MzMelonz

Have your sim buy a restaurant business and transfer most of your funds to it. Build the restaurant and full living quarters and simply don't leave.

You will have a redundant home lot but can live at the restaurant lot Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Thank you!!!
Message 4 of 4 (183 Views)