Re: Pronoun feedback

by frnathan13

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@CyberPhasma 

The only place you can set it is in CAS through a tiny button that you in no way are forced to click on. If you do not want to use the new feature it is quite easy to simply not use it. Since you have to specifically choose to use it there is no need for a way to disable it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 21 of 36 (901 Views)

Champion
@CyberPhasma Just ignore it. Don't use it. I don't add Likes in CAS because they drive me crazy for example. This feature means a lot to people. I might not even use it myself or I might. But I'll embrace anything that includes people. The Sims is what you make it, THAT'S the whole point.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 22 of 36 (899 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

We welcome feedback here on Answers HQ, but when providing it please ensure that it adheres to the Answers HQ Community Rules and Guidelines

Thanks. 

EACade
Message 23 of 36 (883 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade Can I get a disable feature? thats all we are asking for just like yall have for the weather. You can say it won't mess with game play but literally everytime yall add something is messes with something else.
Message 24 of 36 (852 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AmberJean89 

The difference between the pronouns and weather is that by default all weather types are turned on. For pronouns you yourself must explicitly choose to use them so as you can see unlike with weather there are no need for a disable button. Say that there were a disable button the gameplay would be exactly the same no matter if it was on or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 25 of 36 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@xochiquetzl_xkvn 

And you and other are trying to force people use this feautre? Nobody is obligated to have this on game, the MUST implement an checkbox to disable this. They did with other many options, they must allow disable this also.

Stop making drama.

In my language pronoun is most useless thing that exists, its people that suggested this, isn't neither on language rules. Nobody uses this cringe "words" in 

Message 26 of 36 (809 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think this is a great feature for those who want it.. But honestly.. I do not need it and ignore it simply because how often do you really read those  pop up? I think we all know them by heart LOL so to me it is not a big deal.. but if you want a pronoun for me it would be human LOL we are human first and foremost before anything else.. or should I say star dust since we are made from the star dust of the universe..........................You see where I am going.. these pronouns are great if you want them... I choose to ignore.

Message 27 of 36 (800 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Personally I'll never use this, but for those that will I think it's cool to have the option so players can have more ways to customize their experience. I see some people complaining about it... why? It's not an option being forced on you. The game already used pronouns for the characters, all this is doing is providing the option to customize what it shows. Besides, it's an option, meaning it's optional.... meaning you don't have to use it. I genuinely never understood why some people complain about having options, because to me whether it's something I'll use or not having more options is always a good thing (provided that they actually work anyway lol) because then you have more ways to potentially customize your experience.

Now if only EA would provide options for other things, like the likes/dislikes system, or the phone calls from the stories system, or many other things that can get really annoying. And yes I know that on computer versions there are potentially mods to disable some of this stuff, heck I've even made my own edits to some stuff in my PC version, but I typically play more on consoles and there are no mods on consoles so more options would be really nice.

Message 28 of 36 (793 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@frnathan13 

Please explain in what way you think somebody could force you to use this feature. Do you envision that someone comes by your house while you are playing and force you to click on the tiny button in CAS and then apply custom pronouns? Or are there some other way you think you could be forced to use it? I for one don't plan to use it and when I'm in CAS I feel no urge to press that button.

Message 29 of 36 (769 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

[ Edited ]
Champion

I love the new feature.  I also love that it's not forced on us (unlike my nemesis the sentiments ;-).  Bravo, Sims team!

@PatrickClSim3Low    Edit:  Apologies!  My brain isn't working well today and somehow I confused what you said about the gender options with the new pronoun options.  I do agree we should have more gender options. This post goes into great detail and I like the concept.  Maybe you will also?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/The-WIP-Pronoun-Settings-Shown-in-the-Stream-A...

I'm leaving the below from my original post in case it is helpful for others.

Maybe you saw it already but just in case you or others haven't seen it, there is a custom pronouns option so you can set them to whatever you want.

CustomPronouns1.png

CustomPronouns2.png

I actually had trouble finding the menu at first.  So if anyone else can't find it, you have to click on the name box in CAS, then the menu appears to the right of the last name box.  Happy Simming y'all!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 30 of 36 (748 Views)