Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

by frnathan13

Original Post

Pronoun feedback

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can't turn off customizable pronouns

Message 1 of 36 (4,046 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CyberPhasma +1 ... PLEASE HAVE A FEATURE TO DISABLE CUSTOM PRONOUS
Message 2 of 36 (3,315 Views)

Re: Pronoun feedback

Hero
@CyberPhasma @cyberelements

I'm a bit confused. Just ignore the drop down menu and don't change anything in CAS and you won't even know it's there.

It's not mandatory to pick a gender. It defaults to what it always was when you don't change it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 36 (3,140 Views)

Pronoun Update Feedback

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I love the new custom pronoun feature! I think it's very simple and easy to use (or ignore, as you see fit). I particularly like the grammar section for custom pronouns, where you give an example in a sentence. :D

Speaking as a data person (and former English major) I know this wasn't easy. Thanks for all your hard work!

Message 4 of 36 (3,135 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I have noticed that there are not currently gender neutral relationship options in CAS, for example "spouse" instead of husband/wife, "sibling" instead of sister/brother, "parent" instead of mom/dad. That would really add to the already expanding inclusivity brought by this update!! :D

Message 5 of 36 (3,113 Views)

We really need neutral gender option to fully represent ourselves. As someone who goes by he/him but is essentially non-binary, I just don't have any option to really represent my experience. Neutral gender would be really useful for lot of us, because we wouldn't have to pick from binary genders

Message 6 of 36 (3,091 Views)

Re: Pronoun feedback

★★★★ Novice

(I feel very frustrated that I cannot find a way to post a question.) Anyway, I too want the pronoun system disabled on my game. I do not want to see any hint of gender neutrality in my community or notification. 

Like those people who want the option to identify in non-traditional ways, I choose to remain traditional. Is there a way to turn off the Pronoun System?

Message 7 of 36 (3,073 Views)

Re: How can i undo pronouns update i dont want this feature.

Champion (Retired)

@YOTTiger @AmberJean89 

There is no way to disable having the possibility to change pronouns. However if you do not like changing pronouns (I don't) you do not have to. It is not like you are forced to choose your pronouns in CAS instead it is a small button that are easy to ignore. If I had not seen an article about it I might not have noticed it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 36 (3,041 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can we opt out?

Message 9 of 36 (3,066 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sounds an useless update on the sims 4.... Instead of add new good content for game, you do this. At least an option to disable this feature in settings would be interesting, i don't care about pronouns.

Message 10 of 36 (3,059 Views)