Re: Programmer Sim Flashdrives?

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Programmer Sim Flashdrives?

★★★★ Novice

I'm not 1000% percent sure if this is a bug or not, but I am pretty confused about it. I have a freelancer programmer sim. She's made many webpages, phone apps, and video games. Some for gigs and others just on her free time. I don't receive royalties in either case. They don't show up in her inventory, but when I go to give another sim a gift, the flashdrives for the things I've programmed show up in her gift-able inventory items. If I choose to gift one of them, the other sim accepts it but it doesn't show up in their inventory either. Only if you go to give it as a gift. Am I supposed to be able to access and upload these flashdrives for royalties? If so, how do I get to them? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (715 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@emmagoble3 

Currently playing the Tech Guru career in one of my saves.
I can verify there is a one time payment for a lot of items created for that career using the programming skill.
It has been a while since I played the Freelance Programmer career so I am testing it now with a new Sim.

In the mean time it would be good to have some more information from you.
What system do you use to play the game?
Do you have mods or cc of any kind in your game?
There have been reports in the past that certain mods interfered with this and other careers.
I am adding some links that may be helpful in learning about the career and the programming skill.
I will be back with the results of my test.

Reference:
The Sims 4 Freelancer Career
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/freelancer/

The Sims 4 Programming Skill
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/programming/

Edit:  I am reminder (as I am playing) that items crafted for any Freelance career are not subject to royalties.
Technically they are crafted for a client who pays a one time fee for your efforts.
I was able to duplicate the "gifting" issue you mentioned.
The "flash drive" items are not physically in personal or household inventory.
But they are available to gift to another Sim.
Not 100% if this is intended or not.

Gift 062420

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (654 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@emmagoble3

That sounds like a mod, I've never heard of that before.
Message 2 of 8 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@emmagoble3 

Currently playing the Tech Guru career in one of my saves.
I can verify there is a one time payment for a lot of items created for that career using the programming skill.
It has been a while since I played the Freelance Programmer career so I am testing it now with a new Sim.

In the mean time it would be good to have some more information from you.
What system do you use to play the game?
Do you have mods or cc of any kind in your game?
There have been reports in the past that certain mods interfered with this and other careers.
I am adding some links that may be helpful in learning about the career and the programming skill.
I will be back with the results of my test.

Reference:
The Sims 4 Freelancer Career
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/freelancer/

The Sims 4 Programming Skill
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/programming/

Edit:  I am reminder (as I am playing) that items crafted for any Freelance career are not subject to royalties.
Technically they are crafted for a client who pays a one time fee for your efforts.
I was able to duplicate the "gifting" issue you mentioned.
The "flash drive" items are not physically in personal or household inventory.
But they are available to gift to another Sim.
Not 100% if this is intended or not.

Gift 062420

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 3 of 8 (655 Views)

Hero
@emmagoble3 I don't think you should be able to gift them. Feel free to report that as a bug in the bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (619 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EuphorialQueen Lol. I remember those from the IL career. I always thought those were books, reports from studying wildlife. Guess I didn't read the text. I'm usually a lot more observant than that.
Message 5 of 8 (602 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen I play on Xbox One, no cheats except bb.moveobjects. So I don't have any mods or CC. That solves the flashdrive bit for me at least, those were confusing lol. Thank you for your help.
Message 6 of 8 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Psychotps  Ah yes the IL career does generate a same/similar looking object.  It was visible in personal inventory and represented the reports required for the career tasks. They have the option to send off or sell for extra cash.

@emmagoble3  My best guess for these appearing as gift-able may be related to Eco Lifestyle allowing a large variety of items to be recycled. Without the pack though I would think this should not happen.
And thank you for confirming you are on Xbox One. This is now a verified issue with the game in general on both PC and console.

Edit: I tested using the home recycler from Eco Lifestyle and these items are not on the list to recycle

Link to Bug Report:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Gifting-Freelance-Programmer-Gig-Items/m-p/9257216#M144180

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 8 (554 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone. 

Since a bug report thread was created I'm going to go ahead and lock this one. 

If you're running into this same issue please add your details to the thread that was linked above. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (500 Views)