by hankepanky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with Stairs

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current, whichever number that is. I don't know how to check it and Origin says I'm up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the Jedi Temple Phase 2 lot by Wulffe_0118 in the gallery, no sims can go up the stairs in the front of the building.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims attempt to go up the stairs, but then cancel the action because there appears to be something in the way but I can't find it.
What do you expect to see? The Sims go up the stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not 100% sure I should be posting this here in the bug report section, but I've seen similar questions here and there's no general help area. Long story short, I placed the lot Jedi Temple Phase 2 by Wulffe_0118 in my game from the gallery because frankly, it's an amazing build. Only problem is that there's no way for sims to actually make it inside the building naturally due to some issue with the stairs in the front. I'm not proficient enough with building to pinpoint the problem apparently, so I'm looking for some advice on how I can fix it. I'm currently of the mind that the main problem lies with the structure spanning the entire 60x60 lot, but I'm not sure.

Message 1 of 6 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with Stairs

★★★ Guide
@hankepanky I placed the build in my game, and moved my sim in there (love freerealestate). It seems the builder had used moveobjects on and enlarged the statues near the stairs on both sides. In their original size, my sim had no problems walking up or down both stairs, although he avoided the leftmost bit when viewing from the front.

Removing and placing new statues, or shrinking the ones that are there, should make it possible for your sims to move up the stairs

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (427 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@hankepanky Moving this to General Discussion as it's about a specific lot.

Someone here can assist you best I think.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (461 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, thank you!

Message 3 of 6 (456 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hankepanky I placed the build in my game, and moved my sim in there (love freerealestate). It seems the builder had used moveobjects on and enlarged the statues near the stairs on both sides. In their original size, my sim had no problems walking up or down both stairs, although he avoided the leftmost bit when viewing from the front.

Removing and placing new statues, or shrinking the ones that are there, should make it possible for your sims to move up the stairs
Message 4 of 6 (428 Views)

★★ Novice

this works for me as well. thank you so much for taking the time to look at it!

Message 5 of 6 (409 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hankepanky No problem! I should thank YOU, for mentioning the Jedi Temple and the builder. I'd probably would never have seen it. What an amazing build!

I had a good time poking around there. Despite the insane camera bouncing, it was a real treat :D I have no idea what to use it for yet, I'll have to think about it. Don't really want to remove it now Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (406 Views)