Re: Problems with Lost Drones?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Problems with Lost Drones?

★ Apprentice

Is anyone else having problems with lost drones?      Sometimes they don't come back if you send them out to record stuff.   But there are also other things that keep happening to my Sims and drones disappearing or getting lost.    I think I have had to buy about 4 replacement drones now?   Not to mention, the lost video that the drones had collected. 

Some examples of how drones were lost. 

1.  Left drone at home and went to one of the festivals.  Instead of leaving the festival, just bought a new drone.  Used it to record and then when it was time to go home, you can't "travel"  with the drone.  It won't teleport with you.   Tried to put it in my inventory but it said I couldn't do that because my sim didn't own the drone so, I had to leave the drone behind.  

2.  Drone literally just disappeared in front of my eyes.   Sim was using the drone.  Just clicked on the drone to start transferring video to the video station and it poofed away. 

3.  Getting lost after sending out to record neighborhood and not coming back. 

4.  NO IDEA.  The drone just cannot be found in my Sims apartment.  Her husband's drone is still there and so is her child's but hers is GONE.  Searched all over the apartment and can't find it.  They recently went on vacation to the Outdoor Retreat location so I even went back there to search for it.  Found all the tents and other items they left there, but no drone. 

Anyone else having problems with drones like this? 

Message 1 of 19 (45,287 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh my god, yes! Can this please get fixed. I sent my drone out to follow someone and when it said the video was done, my drone never came back. I searched the neighborhood but can't find it. That is a lost drone AND lost video footage!

Message 2 of 19 (45,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm glad I'm not the only one.    It's just very frustrating since I have been using the drones extensively since Get Famous came out.   Would be nice if there was some kind of drone retrieval tool or something.  

Message 3 of 19 (45,173 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes! I cannot send them out to do anything without losing one every other action... All the footage lost is getting frustrating.
Message 4 of 19 (45,032 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you rename the Drone. Necessary to tie it to your household. I haven't lost any.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 19 (45,023 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yesl I have renamed all my drones.   Plus,  it's not just going out to film footage that gets them lost for me.  There have been other incidents that lead to losing a drone as I posted in the OP.   So, I was just wondering if there were other kinds of reported problems like that. 

Would be super nice to have some kind of "GPS" so you can find it.     

Though in two of my incidents, it wasn't about them getting lost and not being able to find them.  One it just puffed away.   Another, I  "bought" a new one while I was out in a community lot and when I tried to put it back in my inventory to send my sim home, it would not allow me to put it into inventory.  It said I did not OWN it so I couldn't take it.   Had to leave it there and I wonder if it's still sitting there on the street.   I don't remember where that was now.  But, maybe I'll run across it again at some point but it won't matter if it doesn't let me put it in my inventory. LOL 

Message 6 of 19 (44,931 Views)

Champion (Retired)

When you use build mode on a community lot everything belongs to that lot. If you had it record something you may be able to open it and transfer the recording to your inventory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 19 (44,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jennz75, please fill out a Bug Report on this if you have not already done so! Angel  It would be really helpful for them especially since you have had multiple problems  with drones but due to different causes/instances.  You can post your bug report in the Bug Report section here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

So far I haven't had any problems with my drones but I know of others who have! Disappointed I will be on the lookout for this! 

I love your idea about a drone GPS in the game! Heart This or a recall button would be ideal in several of these cases! :eahigh_file:

Edit:  I just realized that there might already be a bug report on this Oops , so only fill out a new one if you can't find an existing one in a search!  Sorry about that! Embarrassed  If there is an existing one, then please add all of your information! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 19 (44,898 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This happens me a lot nowadays. Can this please get fixed?
Message 9 of 19 (43,328 Views)

★ Novice

omg, I love you, I never thought to name the drone!  TYVM

Message 10 of 19 (41,845 Views)