Re: Problems after installing Nifty Knitting

by DFF7

Original Post

Problems after installing Nifty Knitting

★★★★★ Novice

My sims are taking extremely long to do anything since installing Nifty Knitting. 14-15 hours asleep and still the bar isn't full, 3 and a half hours to eat. Anyone else seeing this?

Message 1 of 14 (1,885 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DFF7 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 14 (1,868 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply. Been so long since I asked a question on the forum that I forgot some of the basics. No CC or mods, practically pristine. Along with the super long times spent to accomplish basic tasks, I'm also observing a weird tendency to eat standing in front of the fridge and difficulty staying on tasks given, like writing.

Message 3 of 14 (1,779 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@DFF7 I don't know about the Nifty Nitting pack since I refuse to buy it until they do a decent set of fixes for the completely broken ECO pack.

But the eating in front of the fridge started with ECO. Yet another bug from that pack. My sims are doing that all the time now.
Message 4 of 14 (1,768 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Now that you mention it, I did start seeing it there. Has just become more obvious now. Clearing the caches has helped with the 15 hour sleeps at least.

Message 5 of 14 (1,705 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DFF7 

The stop doing a task is that followed by them knitting? If so it is a known problem that you can easily circumvent by not having a yarn basket in your sims inventory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 14 (1,678 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DFF7 A few bug reports relating to these issues are currently open. Please use the bug threads and report your issues in those threads. Click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on each thread. You can also add a post to the bug threads if you'd like.

Dropping everything to start a new knitting project

Energy Bar slow to fill after Sim begins knitting skill

Message 7 of 14 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My issue was with the hours and hours spent making and eating food.

(The constant knitting kind of made sense to me, as someone who has started but never finished many knitting projects! And I also use all those started projects to Frog them and then gain Inspiration for the real knitting project I want my sim to complete. I thought that was the intention to be honest, if even a little over enthusiastically done.)

So reposting my solution for OP

My sim is also taking several in game hours to eat! An hour to make a single serving of Fruit Salad and 2 to eat it, and that was with cancelling queued actions, like pet the cat, and after I had removed her knitting basket!

So, I saved the household, saved the lot and started a complete new save game - OK she lost her friendships, items on Plopsy, inventory items etc, but, although only one test, she made her salad in 1/2 an hour and ate it in 20 mins!  I'm cautious as she hasn't done any knitting yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And since posting this, I have played some more and so far, she is making and eating within sim normal time frames.

I am adding and removing her knitting basket for each time I ask her to knit.

Also I thought she was, in old save, taking a long time to bring up the energy bar when sleeping, which I solved by cheating her handiness skill and upgrading the bed - both options, and lecturing the cat about waking up sims!

Message 8 of 14 (1,570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! Removing the basket did help, but still having trouble with occasional lengthy pauses while doing various things, especially preparing food and eating (as above) and showering. I was considering moving my sim into a new house. Thank you for the helpful suggestions.

Message 9 of 14 (1,529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Will do.
Message 10 of 14 (1,528 Views)