Problem with saved games

by bananajoy_2

Original Post

Problem with saved games

★★ Novice

I want to recover a save but it's not showing up on my list of saves.

I know you can only have 5(??) saves per game but is there anyway to access saves earlier than what is listed???

I'm really annoyed at this, I just want to get back my saved game.

Message 1 of 8 (512 Views)

Re: Problem with saved games

@bananajoy_2  You can have as many saves as you want.  The game itself keeps the last five versions of each save before the most recent one, as backups.  For example, your first save will be labeled Slot_00000002.save, and as you save your progress, the game will keep previous versions as Slot_00000002.save.verx, with x being a number from 0 to 4.

If you're looking for a particular save and don't find it in the Load Game screen, try temporarily removing some of your newer saves from the user data folder.  (They're stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.)  You can always put them back later.  If the game is having trouble displaying all your saves, this may help.  You can sort the saves folder by date, or remove one or two sets of saves, the main one and the .verx backups, at a time, until you find what you're looking for.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (475 Views)

★★ Novice

I've temporarily moved all the newer saves but no other save is showing up on my load game screen. Instead it says "No recovery saves are available".

Message 3 of 8 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bananajoy_2  Are you trying to find a separate save, or a very old version of a current save?  If it's an old version of a current save, then there's no way to do it unless you manually preserved the old files: the game only keeps the last five saves before the most recent one as backups.  I thought you were looking for a different save entirely, as in, an older one that you don't play anymore, as opposed to an older version of a current save.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message 4 of 8 (398 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@bananajoy_2 

It sounds like you are on Console where you can only have 5 saves. There is no way to recover any other than these 5 saves. On PC MAC you have an unlimited number of saves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (358 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yeah it’s a super old version of a current save
Message 6 of 8 (324 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I’m on a mac and I only have 5 versions of each save
Message 7 of 8 (323 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bananajoy_2  Then unfortunately, there's probably no way to find that old version.  If you never used "save as" to create a new save slot, the old backup versions would have been deleted to make room for newer ones as you went along, so the files don't exist anymore.

You could try looking in your iCloud drive though, or in the iCloud archives, that is if you've ever used it; maybe you'll get lucky.  The archives can be seen if you open a Finder window, click on Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard drive), then Users > your username.  They'll all be labeled iCloud Drive (Archive), with a number after if you have more than one, and you can sort by date.

Message 8 of 8 (278 Views)