Problem when placing roof

by mohammadali118

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem when placing roof

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Standard smile

I have problem when I place roof. Somehow it is not align. This makes me madParty hat. As shown in the picture, I tried to build a house, (where do I start Party hat). I placed the gabled roof on the front of the house and it was not align as I connect to half gabled roof on different level..as I want to make dorm. I ignore it and use the alt key to fixed it even though there is still some weird happened there. And now this roof, as I want to connect this roof, the not align roof appear again. I tried to adjust the roof but still this appear. Even using the alt key to fix it, it still not fix the height of the roof.

Message 1 of 8 (1,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem when placing roof

Champion

@mohammadali118 Yes, all of the images you shared looked like normal situations to me. Some types of roofing can make you pretty crazy! I have spent more hours than I'd like to admit on the roofs of some of my homes. The one I'm working on now, for instance, is a small home but the combinations of roofs on it were very difficult - perhaps the most difficult I've done. But they look rather simple, and it's a small home. Regardless, I spent many hours troubleshooting them to get them to work, and to work in the factors in the tiny dormer room/attic room they function with to keep the home at 64 tiles (it's a 'tiny home'). It was my challenge to myself. 

Sometimes you have to give up on a roof you wanted to have because it's too complex when you're starting out, some roofs are just not workable, and some just take more work. If a roof falls into those types you may need or want to adjust the rooms or layout so it is simplified. Don't take the fun out of it and make yourself too frustrated! Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,346 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

after I adjusted the roof .. then this happen...

Message 2 of 8 (1,396 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

and..(I promise this is the last question Large smile) how do I remove roof on that balcony?  At first when I added that balcony, there was roof of my half gabled roof, so I separate them into 3 roof. I want to make it as a room, but hw to make that?

Message 3 of 8 (1,393 Views)

Champion

@mohammadali118 I know roofs can be very frustrating. I hope there may be some information that may help on this page that I made. It also has a video tutorial. There are also a few links to lots I have in the library that you're welcome to download and take apart to see if it answers some questions: https://sherigr.com/sims-4-building-tutorials/how-to-build-roofs/

It looks to me like the roofs you're looking to adjust need the pitch adjusted (the up and down arrow/plumbob that appears when you click the roof). There is a description of this in the page I added a link to, if this makes no sense. I also may be misunderstanding your issue.

In the case of the balcony you want to make with no roof above it, it appears you probably need to pull the roof in one tile. This would also be in that video at the link.

If the information I shared is not helpful, you are certainly welcome to describe in detail what you want done, upload your lot to the gallery and give me the exact name of the lot and your EA ID for the gallery (name) if it's different than here. I could then download it and work on those adjustments, possibly in a video if it seems needed.

Message 4 of 8 (1,354 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

hey..thank you for responding..and thank you for the link u shared.. I couldnt watch the whole video as it will take most of my time..Large smile . But as now im building different house..is it normal that roof from diffferent type to appear like this (as shown on the picture).Not sure if u mentioned it from the video..lol.. apology for not watching the whole video..

Message 5 of 8 (1,349 Views)

Champion

@mohammadali118 Yes, all of the images you shared looked like normal situations to me. Some types of roofing can make you pretty crazy! I have spent more hours than I'd like to admit on the roofs of some of my homes. The one I'm working on now, for instance, is a small home but the combinations of roofs on it were very difficult - perhaps the most difficult I've done. But they look rather simple, and it's a small home. Regardless, I spent many hours troubleshooting them to get them to work, and to work in the factors in the tiny dormer room/attic room they function with to keep the home at 64 tiles (it's a 'tiny home'). It was my challenge to myself. 

Sometimes you have to give up on a roof you wanted to have because it's too complex when you're starting out, some roofs are just not workable, and some just take more work. If a roof falls into those types you may need or want to adjust the rooms or layout so it is simplified. Don't take the fun out of it and make yourself too frustrated! Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,347 Views)

Champion

@mohammadali118  Roofs can be challenging to learn, but they're worth the effort because they can make or break the appearance of the home. Thanks for getting back with us, and enjoy your building process! 

Message 7 of 8 (1,319 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR thank u so much! yeah it is challenging..lol
Message 8 of 8 (1,307 Views)